2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Coach Ford had more talented teams than this one at Oklahoma State and didn't make it past the 2nd round.  I would love to get to a Sweet 16 but that hasn't been his history.  Some coaches with pretty decent records overall -- Bobby Lutz, Fran Dunphy, Herb Sendek -- didn't make runs in the tournament for whatever reason.  Mick Cronin, one of the winningest coaches of the last 20 years, only made one Sweet 16 before he moved to UCLA.

Coach Ford did, however, get Okie State to 5 tournaments in 8 years.  That appears to be the trajectory we're on and I would be ecstatic with that.

The more often you make the tournament the better chance you have of getting an opponent that you match up with well. 

15 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

The more often you make the tournament the better chance you have of getting an opponent that you match up with well. 

Agreed.  I think if we make the tournament under Coach Ford enough times, eventually we will break through.  Will it happen in the 2nd attempt -- which is what this year would be -- or the 6th?  I have no idea.

31 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Looks like I’ll be crossing the river sometime before Monday.

looks like easy money to me. 

I did a quick search and the first link I clicked on has us favored by 12.5.

I find myself not as excited for the season as I had expected to be despite my expectations being thru the roof, but I am sure that will change once I get to my seat on Monday night.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

It’s 11.5 on DraftKings if you are considering a trip across the river.

I still like the Bills at -11.5 but not enough to go out of my way crossing the River. If I have any errands that takes me towards 55 and 270 I might pull the trigger.

I just checked FanDuel and they have them at +10,000 to win the whole F’ing thing. 

Other teams at +10000 include Florida State, Syracuse, Memphis, Wisconsin, Xavier, and Iowa. 
Notables around them include Louisville and Ohio state at +12000 and UConn and USC Trojans at +8000.

46 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I still like the Bills at -11.5 but not enough to go out of my way crossing the River. If I have any errands that takes me towards 55 and 270 I might pull the trigger.

I just checked FanDuel and they have them at +10,000 to win the whole F’ing thing. 

Other teams at +10000 include Florida State, Syracuse, Memphis, Wisconsin, Xavier, and Iowa. 
Notables around them include Louisville and Ohio state at +12000 and UConn and USC Trojans at +8000.

Put $1,000 on +10,000, hedge each game beginning with the Sweet 16, and profit

dlarry likes this

I checked Murray State roster and 2021-22 stats. Last season they played their last season with the Ohio Valley conference, their record for the season was 31 wins, 3 losses. They were only defeated by Auburn and E Tenn State in the OOC, undefeated in conference. They won the OVC tournament, got the auto bid for the NCAA tournament as a 7th seed, and went to win their first game and lose in the second. Their head coach left after the season was over to go to LSU . Their new coach is Steve Prohm from Iowa State who had previously been Assitant Coach and HC at Murray State up to 2015.

Their team has 5 freshmen and one Sr. transfer from Davidson a number of their players have status as So which I have no idea what it means.

What I mean to say is that Murray State is capable of playing hard. I am not sure about their status with the new coach and new players, but would not assume this game is going to be a cake walk. Perkins better be up to his prior level this season if we are going to win.

I would not mortgage the house to bet in this game, Fraz.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I checked Murray State roster and 2021-22 stats. Last season they played their last season with the Ohio Valley conference, their record for the season was 31 wins, 3 losses. They were only defeated by Auburn and E Tenn State in the OOC, undefeated in conference. They won the OVC tournament, got the auto bid for the NCAA tournament as a 7th seed, and went to win their first game and lose in the second. Their head coach left after the season was over to go to LSU . Their new coach is Steve Prohm from Iowa State who had previously been Assitant Coach and HC at Murray State up to 2015.

Their team has 5 freshmen and one Sr. transfer from Davidson a number of their players have status as So which I have no idea what it means.

What I mean to say is that Murray State is capable of playing hard. I am not sure about their status with the new coach and new players, but would not assume this game is going to be a cake walk. Perkins better be up to his prior level this season if we are going to win.

I would not mortgage the house to bet in this game, Fraz.

Their Davidson transfer Carter Collins was on last season’s team according to the rosters on their website.

I noticed they do have a local kid. Freshman guard Braxton Stacker of Fairview Hts. Went to Cardinal Ritter HS.

Ths is Murray's first year in the Valley, they have no established record in this conference. The safest location to place them before the season starts is in mid pack. This will change as the season progresses. Also, this is not only their first year in the Valley, this is the first year (since 2015) for their HC at Murray. I would say there are lots of question marks here.

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Ths is Murray's first year in the Valley, they have no established record in this conference. The safest location to place them before the season starts is in mid pack. This will change as the season progresses. Also, this is not only their first year in the Valley, this is the first year (since 2015) for their HC at Murray. I would say there are lots of question marks here.

They lost all their good players. That’s why they were picked mid pack. Top three Valley teams are decent. After that, meh. 

-I take back my compliments on a new ticket price philosophy, just checked to see how many seats available for tonight  - there are a lot -  worse is that upper level center court seats are $40 plus fees, I find that incredibly stupid, upper level ends at $15 is not much better 

11 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I take back my compliments on a new ticket price philosophy, just checked to see how many seats available for tonight  - there are a lot -  worse is that upper level center court seats are $40 plus fees, I find that incredibly stupid, upper level ends at $15 is not much better 

I just bought two a few minutes ago and noticed the same.  I didn't even check out the prices until I was checking out and noticed how expensive the 200's were.

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Soooooooo anyone else's tickets not work on their phone when trying to enter?  I've had such bad luck with the new ticket system it isn't funny. 

Mine worked perfectly as did the parking pass.  What I did notice was that it may have been the person using the scanner.  On my parking pass the lady could not get it to work but when a supervisor standing next to her showed her how to use it it worked immediately.

25 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Mine worked perfectly as did the parking pass.  What I did notice was that it may have been the person using the scanner.  On my parking pass the lady could not get it to work but when a supervisor standing next to her showed her how to use it it worked immediately.

That’s something I noticed as well.  User error on part of the person scanning is an issue occasionally.

35 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

On mine, they called somebody else over, maybe a supervisor, to use the scanner. Eventually it did work, but they weren’t sure how it had worked. 

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Soooooooo anyone else's tickets not work on their phone when trying to enter?  I've had such bad luck with the new ticket system it isn't funny. 

I was not able to move my game tickets to apple wallet last night.

I was able to move the UMSL tickets to the wallet and it worked.

Evan more frustrating was I was able to move my parking garage pass to last night’s game to apple wallet.

I spoke with the attendant at the gate and she said there are issues.

Finally unrelated to the electronic tickets what was up with the traffic jam that did not move on Compton heading to the parking garage.  I have never experienced that before.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Old guy said:

Read the Wiz's latest post in the Bills over MSU by 12 thread before you place your bets.

Who called it, Old Guy!  Bills by 20+.  Boom.  BTW, we'll take E'ville by 30.😄

The only issue preventing a 30 point win is Coach clearing the bench when we are up by 35, with 5 min left in the game.  Then we win by 29.

Evansville is worse than Murray State.

Old guy likes this