2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

12 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I mean it isn't going to happen, but I'll debate it. St Louis is one of the top front-running towns in the country. I doubt the majority of folks in the building can rattle off the starting 5 from memory, let alone know who would be coming back the following year. A Final 4 run would also allow the opportunity to reload with hypothetically better talent. The team would still be picked top of conference, be a preseason top 25 team, etc. 

Almost ever town is a front running town. With very, very few exceptions teams that do well draw bigger crowds. St. Louis is no more a front running town than any other. 

bauman likes this

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

I’m really excited to see him play. Hopefully he can get acclimated sooner than Perkins did.  I think perk’s knee will take a little longer than everyone expects so there may be more minutes to be had earlier in the season. 

11 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Very nice article Bills By 40, enjoyed reading it.

16 minutes ago, Compton said:

That's really encouraging to hear about Jake Forrester. Not surprising, there's just more familiarity with Fred and TJ being in that mix.

Genuinely shocked. I've cursed TJ more times than I care to admit during games. If he's polished up his game to that level, my goodness.

39 minutes ago, slu72 said:

That’s quite a statement. Makes me wonder, though, if Perkins’ ankle is a little more serious than thought. 

Until Perkins starts playing and shows that he can consistently play at the expected level, he has to be considered as a bit of a question mark. The current issue with the ankle is probably, in my opinion, not a significant problem.

9 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Sounds like a rock solid first 3 off the bench 

That's my take. It's just coach speak. He's just keeping the starters motivated. Majerus used to do stuff like that. Every incoming recruit including John Manning was going to make an immediate impact. Each new guard coming in was better than Kwamain, etc.

SShoe likes this

A lot of tidbits today. 

Im fine with not getting first(actually happy because of the curse) but 22 to 7....c'mon

Is coach saying Pickett gets the nod, neither?

interesting, but might be just trying to hype of Forrester

This type of comment really has me thinking THJ plays a decent amount of minutes.  THJ is a 40% 3 point shooter, high% around the rim, and plays better defense. 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Seems plausible Pickett was offered a starting gig during his recruitment. Also love that Ford called him incredibly vocal in practice

Maybe, but risky given you could argue Fred was our best player after jan 1st

1 minute ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Jimerson has gotten big minutes since he was a freshman and I still wouldn’t call him a plus defender. 

More so than Williams or Andre. I think giving effort goes along way, Williams looked like he just didn't care to guard. 

32 minutes ago, wgstl said:

which reminds us all of Spoon telling Highmark about his bad defense to just make sure he outscored the man he was guarding.