2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

On 8/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, billiken_roy said:

it seemed they were pretty limited yesterday.   didnt have beer or soda.  just water and gatorade.   and the only food i saw was the popcorn.  

they are planning to have at least that friday though according to the lady at the stand.  

They had beer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

Thanks

Just to give you a heads up that the parking lot spots were somewhat limited due to the construction of the Champions center.  If there is a bigger crowd Friday it could fill up.  

22 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

It's even great for having Paul Reubens announce the gender of your next child. 

The secret word is: boy! Now you all know what to do when someone says the secret word right? 

Dayton just released their OOC. Will their OOC vs our OOC play a role in NCAA tourney seeding? I’m not going to assume that the winner of the A10 tourney gets the highest seed of other A10 entries  OOC results are important as they provide Quad 1 and 2 games that aren’t all that frequent in our conference  

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Dayton just released their OOC. Will their OOC vs our OOC play a role in NCAA tourney seeding? I’m not going to assume that the winner of the A10 tourney gets the highest seed of other A10 entries  OOC results are important as they provide Quad 1 and 2 games that aren’t all that frequent in our conference  

Lindenwood as the season opener stands out as a game I really want to watch.

But back to your post. If they advance in their tournament like they should, They will see a Q1 and 1-2 Q2 games in that alone.  Wyoming likely a Q1 as well.  Same with VTECH. UNLV should be a Q2 I bet they see 3 Q1 and a few Q2, so not too bad. 

57 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This seems like a decent schedule overall, but what an awful slate of home games (in bold).  UD fans will probably fill the area regardless, but outside of maybe SMU I can't imagine being remotely excited about any of these opponents.

T-Rank projections:

Lindenwood - 361

SMU - 143

UNLV - 83

Robert Morris - 266

Wisconsin - 64

K-State - 66 / NC State 88

Butler - 102 / BYU - 81 / USC - 40 / Tenn - 3

Western Michigan - 204

SE LA - 325

VA Tech - 23

UNC Ashville - 180

Wyoming - 45

Alcorn St - 330

BuiltFordBills likes this

27 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

What in the hell are we doing playing an NAIA school at the end of November? 

We absolutely have to run the table on those home games. Then it comes down to four challenging games away from home:  Maryland, Providence, Auburn and Iona. If we're going to be a special team, splitting those four games is a realistic goal and puts us in good shape for an at-large.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

Does anyone know if "at Iona" means at their gym or at a bigger location in the NYC area?  I thought I had heard someone say that our return trip to play them would be at one of the NYC arenas.

Thought someone posted a few months back that it would be at Iona and not MSG but was probably hallucinating. 

7 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Does anyone know if "at Iona" means at their gym or at a bigger location in the NYC area?  I thought I had heard someone say that our return trip to play them would be at one of the NYC arenas.

It's at Iona's gym.