2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's plenty to see in every practice.  But trying to make offensive projections based on drills seems to me a waste of time.  If that meant anything, Andre Lorentsson would have started.

Forgive me but it's an impossible to imagine Lorentsson yesterday as anything but the 12th or 13th guy. I'm not talking about standing in a corner and making 9 threes. I'm talking about the full contact, full-court drills. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Forgive me but it's an impossible to imagine Lorentsson yesterday as anything but the 12th or 13th guy. I'm not talking about standing in a corner and making 9 threes. I'm talking about the full contact, full-court drills. 

I know this is hard to believe but Lorentsson was the high scorer in one scrimmage and nearly that in another.  He just couldn't could guard anybody.  I don't think scoring will be a problem for him at Toledo either.  The question how committed is Toledo to playing defense?  Because if they just try to outscore people, Lorentsson will make their rotation.

4 hours ago, jonny karate said:

My thoughts are popcorn was still great, thatch stood out (he looks ready), and momo was a bigger surprise. Perkins fell a couple times near basket. That made me nervous though I'll need to get past that.  Sweeper got in the way one time

I'm planning on going Friday. Are they selling anything beyond popcorn? (It's around my dinner time.)

Asking the important questions.

it seemed they were pretty limited yesterday.   didnt have beer or soda.  just water and gatorade.   and the only food i saw was the popcorn.  

they are planning to have at least that friday though according to the lady at the stand.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

it seemed they were pretty limited yesterday.   didnt have beer or soda.  just water and gatorade.   and the only food i saw was the popcorn.  

they are planning to have at least that friday though according to the lady at the stand.  

Thank you.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Think they had beer.

9 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

Perkins seems very hesitant physically. I think we'll need to be patient as it may take some time for the guy who'd be running point in 1-4 sets to close out games and finishing over guys in traffic.

I think Perkins is taking the correct approach. This is just the beginning of practice, there is no need for him to push his leg at this time. Better to start slow in the practices and build up. Hopefully he will improve by the time the season starts.

13 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think Perkins is taking the correct approach. This is just the beginning of practice, there is no need for him to push his leg at this time. Better to start slow in the practices and build up. Hopefully he will improve by the time the season starts.

George Gervin dreams of being reincarnated as Javonte Perkins. 

18 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

SLU needs to update that men's basketball roster page. Just because you don't have everyone's mugshot yet doesn't mean you cannot post their name and info. The current page doesn't reflect a first-class program.

When Venice Menace talks, Saint Louis Billikens Men's Basketball listens!

2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster - Saint Louis University (slubillikens.com)

Thanks, Menace!

VeniceMenace likes this

17 minutes ago, David King said:

When Venice Menace talks, Saint Louis Billikens Men's Basketball listens!

2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster - Saint Louis University (slubillikens.com)

Thanks, Menace!

Adding links to the players’ social media and some of their NIL stuff is a great touch.

brianstl and drkelsey55 like this

I think they still have some class updating to do. Some guys should have the "redshirt" tag in front of their class listing. Forrester and Pickett should probably be Grad Students. Parker is listed as a junior but only played one JUCO season despite being there for two.

Brandon Courtney isn't listed yet.

5 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Adding links to the players’ social media and some of their NIL stuff is a great touch.

I agree but it's far from complete. Hope they continue to add it - they only have Yuri's cameo and Fred's shop. 

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Cameo like when you pay for a greeting from a notable person? That's actually genius for NIL money.

It's even great for having Paul Reubens announce the gender of your next child.