Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Please share

2021-22: Appeared in one game vs. UCF (1/15/22) in his first season at USF.

PRIOR TO USF: Won the 8A Florida state championship at Blance Ely in 2019...Ely's eight championships are the most by any program in Broward County history...as a senior he played in 22 games and averaged 10 points, 2.5 assists and 1.9 rebounds...joined the Bulls as a preferred walk-on.

Probably the most interesting part of the practice was the Intros.

Jimerson introduces himself as a redshirt Soph

Hargrove as a Senior

Collins as a Senior

Perkins as a Super Duper Senior

Thatch as a Super Senior

RUBillsFan likes this

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Kind of disappointed in the practice reports. I heard the Ford interview where he said some guys would be missing, but thought you locals would give us more than how they identified themselves. 

Coach Ford limited the practice to mostly drills because he was short his two primary big men.   I didn't learn anything about our players that I didn't already know.  Those who go to the practice on Friday may have something more substantial to report.

Alright. Did I learn anything ? Sure. We are very athletic and can shoot lights with no one guarding them. TJ can still throw down a dunk. Momo can move and dunk. Perkins moved well. The freshman looked like they belonged. I don’t know if every practice is run like this but it was very efficient and Ford runs everything . There is a lot of athleticism on this team  What’s the rotation? No idea. 7 thru 10 will be a fight. 

dlarry, HenryB and almaman like this

It was pretty basic drills. Good to see more than the short clips released on social media.

A few things I noticed.

1. As mentioned by others, Okoro was out, under the weather, and Forrester was back in Philly but returning tomorrow.

2. Sincere's shot starts low/middle of his chest. Not ideal for getting a shot off quick and getting over defender's hands.

3. Momo has good feet, made a few threes. He did look like he was struggling with conditioning but part of that could be for the drills they were only having him and TJ play the parts of center so he was getting a lot of reps. He took feedback from Coach well throughout practice. He was able to be pushed out of the the paint by Javon Pickett so not ideal there.

4. Kellan Thames has hops almost equal to TJ. He was throwing it down.

5. Kramer looked to be struggling with his outside shot. He conditioning looks good and appears to be ready for the college game from that standpoint.

This is unsatisfactory.  If I was there I would have been able to tell you exactly who was starting and players 6-9 coming off the bench. 

This is such a dreadful performance by the MBMs.  Someone better say something valuable or give a full report soon or it is safe to say this board has lost its fastball. 

15 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

This is unsatisfactory.  If I was there I would have been able to tell you exactly who was starting and players 6-9 coming off the bench. 

This is such a dreadful performance by the MBMs.  Someone better say something valuable or give a full report soon or it is safe to say this board has lost its fastball. 

It’s clear from this video that no one missed a shot the entire open practice.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting.  Perhaps a change in his future plans....."and how long I want to be here".

Anyone seriously considering entering a Ph.D. program is not planning to go into professional sports. I think the phrase "depending on how my body will hold" is more significant than the phrase "and how long I want to be here."

CenHudDude and HoosierPal like this

I hate to be that guy but is anyone else still feeling a little salty about the Yuri Collins saga?  I know he came back but when I see him I just don't feel warm and fuzzy inside anymore........It seems more like hiring a disinterested one year free agent in baseball.  I know I have to get over it if I'm ever going to enjoy NCAA basketball again but it sticks in my craw none the less.....

8 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I hate to be that guy but is anyone else still feeling a little salty about the Yuri Collins saga?  I know he came back but when I see him I just don't feel warm and fuzzy inside anymore........It seems more like hiring a disinterested one year free agent in baseball.  I know I have to get over it if I'm ever going to enjoy NCAA basketball again but it sticks in my craw none the less.....

I'm going to feel that way until he has a double double in the first game of the season. Maybe it will take until we beat Auburn on the road behind a big game from him. I definitely agree for now but once the season starts, the blinders are on

8 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

No one knows if he was given anything to stay. We do not know if the offer just got pulled by T. I assume at least that he took a pay cut to stay here. That wasn’t enough for Pujols, so Yuri>Pujols, and since we love Pujols now, Yuri is guaranteed to come back to your love circle someday.

BLIKNS likes this

I say the next time Nick steps in the batter's box, the MBM pitching drill him in the ribs and see if they have indeed lost their fastball.  No hard feelings; just an experiment.  Test Nick's evaluation skills.

9 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I'm going to feel that way until he has a double double in the first game of the season. Maybe it will take until we beat Auburn on the road behind a big game from him. I definitely agree for now but once the season starts, the blinders are on

42 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

No one knows if he was given anything to stay. We do not know if the offer just got pulled by T. I assume at least that he took a pay cut to stay here. That wasn’t enough for Pujols, so Yuri>Pujols, and since we love Pujols now, Yuri is guaranteed to come back to your love circle someday.

Definitely something Peter and I will cover on the show Wednesday. It'll be really interesting to talk through our feelings on the situation. There is quite a bit to unpack.

Pistol and Billiken Rich like this