2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

He has no shot.  Practically every big in the NBA can shoot 10+ feet out.  If he can quickly develop a mid range I'd agree.

So you haven't seen looney play?

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i actually like okoro for the best chance to have a journeyman's nba career.   tell me he doesnt have a little kevon looney feel when watching the warriors.  

It’s nice that we have a handful of players that actually have a chance. Ford has upgraded the talent base to a level we’ve never had. 

50 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

So you haven't seen looney play?

Looney reminds me of Has more than okoro. 
that said, there’s not many, and I mean very few new bigs in the league that don’t score from 3 feet and out, so you’re right with that comp. But looney does a lot of iso 20 feet out, and slashes a lot. I haven’t seen okoro do that, ever? French did that a lot. Plus he’s a WAY better passer than okoro. 

last I didn’t say he can’t play in the nba, I said he has no shot, like scoring shot. That’s what leads me to believe he won’t make a long career in the nba. Personal option, would love to be wrong. 

32 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It’s nice that we have a handful of players that actually have a chance. Ford has upgraded the talent base to a level we’ve never had. 

We could have 5 players make an All Conference team. I'm not saying we will but from Yuri, Okoro, Perkins, GJim, or Perkins which does not have a chance? 

44 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I don’t think Perkins will make it twice. 
😉 

The f..k if he won't. This Javonte MF Perkins we're talking about. He's going to be so damn good he's taking 2 spots. He's so good Rammer changed his middle name to Javonte

Pickett lol

SLU_Lax, dlarry and brianstl like this

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

We could have 5 players make an All Conference team. I'm not saying we will but from Yuri, Okoro, Perkins, GJim, or Perkins which does not have a chance? 

I also think Collins, Thatch, and Pickett could make the All Conference Defensive Team. 

Moving on from the NBA to the subject of this thread (the22-23 season)  Is anyone concerned about Cisse still not on campus, given the fact that we are the 3rd school he has committed to?  Is it just a visa issue and if so, wshy?  He certainly could have used this pre-trip training period to learn the Billiken system and receive all the coaching help a raw talent needs.

No one seems to ask about it and the staff seems very quiet.  Any solid news on this front from any posters?

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Moving on from the NBA to the subject of this thread (the22-23 season)  Is anyone concerned about Cisse still not on campus, given the fact that we are the 3rd school he has committed to?  Is it just a visa issue and if so, wshy?  He certainly could have used this pre-trip training period to learn the Billiken system and receive all the coaching help a raw talent needs.

No one seems to ask about it and the staff seems very quiet.  Any solid news on this front from any posters?

He is on campus. At the very least he’s been practicing since mid week 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:43 AM, juniorbill76 said:

Didn't someone - maybe Coach Tate - say something about Gibby coming into this year with a new attitude and toughness, or something to that effect?

What I recall home saying, was that he is different, “like your son just grew up, matured and is more vocal and focused” .

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

He is on campus. At the very least he’s been practicing since mid week 

Thanks, that's good to hear.  I think it it important that he gets some Billiken coaching before the Europe trip.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

This is correct

Gibson is not a kid which means he almost certainly won’t be drafted. He would be pretty old to make it thru the G league or Europe. If I had to pick a possible Bill making it it would be Yuri. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Gibson is not a kid which means he almost certainly won’t be drafted. He would be pretty old to make it thru the G league or Europe. If I had to pick a possible Bill making it it would be Yuri. 

I just think the Association will find it hard to ignore these Bills when we win the NC.

3 hours ago, willie said:

Isn’t yuri just one year younger 

4 hours ago, willie said:

Let's look at the A10 honor roll for academic achievement for this year. Here are the MBB members included in it:

Brandon Courtney
Gibson Jimerson
Marten Linssen
Francis Okoro
Fred Thatch Jr.

Do you see the names Yuri Collins or Javonte Perkins in this list? No, they are not there. Why should this be? In my opinion, only those student athletes that intend to pursue a career outside of sports will be willing to put on the time and effort of getting the grades to make the honor roll. We all know it is not easy to obtain this level of academic achievement, but if you add to it the amount of time these kids spend in practice and playing, it is absolutely an outstanding level of achievement for them. You do not see Yuri or Javonte in this list because they see their future as playing basketball professionally. In my opinion, this is not the case for the kids listed above. This is an opinion.

11 hours ago, Old guy said:

Let's look at the A10 honor roll for academic achievement for this year. Here are the MBB members included in it:

Brandon Courtney
Gibson Jimerson
Marten Linssen
Francis Okoro
Fred Thatch Jr.

Do you see the names Yuri Collins or Javonte Perkins in this list? No, they are not there. Why should this be? In my opinion, only those student athletes that intend to pursue a career outside of sports will be willing to put on the time and effort of getting the grades to make the honor roll. We all know it is not easy to obtain this level of academic achievement, but if you add to it the amount of time these kids spend in practice and playing, it is absolutely an outstanding level of achievement for them. You do not see Yuri or Javonte in this list because they see their future as playing basketball professionally. In my opinion, this is not the case for the kids listed above. This is an opinion.

Thinking Jimerson and Collins are the same age.  And not everyone has the academic ability to make the "honor" roll no matter how hard they try.  Personally, I don't see any of the current Billikens making the NBA, so few do.

Oh, I think the important issue is the player's career choice. Those that want to go professional will do so whenever they find a team to play for. Those that are more into academics may opt for other careers. I depends entirely upon the player.

51 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Thinking Jimerson and Collins are the same age.  And not everyone has the academic ability to make the "honor" roll no matter how hard they try.  Personally, I don't see any of the current Billikens making the NBA, so few do.

Collins birthday listed a couple of websites I found as 3/7/2001.  So he is 21.

Perkins birthday 8/24/98. He is 23 going on 24 next month.

Didn't find Jimerson.