2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Could Parker handle the point for a minute while Yuri takes a breather? Forgot about him in the backup pg discussion thread.......

Parker averaged more turnovers than assists last season at Moberly.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Perkins and Parker going 1 on 1 when Yuri is out of the game is also an option.  It's not written anywhere that you have to run a traditional offense.

And for those that do not consider that "running an offense," coaches have, for decades, run the play where you clear everyone out and let your best player beat his man, because you know he can.

21 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

And for those that do not consider that "running an offense," coaches have, for decades, run the play where you clear everyone out and let your best player beat his man, because you know he can.

If we throw Parker, Pickett, Perkins, Gibby, and a big out there and let 'em duke it out I think they could put up points for a couple minutes.  

22 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

If we throw Parker, Pickett, Perkins, Gibby, and a big out there and let 'em duke it out I think they could put up points for a couple minutes.  

tate did not seem to be concerned about lack of ball handler, he mentioned perkins,parker thatch and thames. mentioned gibby making a big step up.

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Exactly.  Whoever is being guarded by the weakest defender gets the ball and does their thing.

41 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Exactly.  Whoever is being guarded by the weakest defender gets the ball and does their thing.

OK, in the interview Frank says early reports of Parker at practice are favorable and asks Tate about him. Tate prefaces his response by saying he doesn't want to put too much pressure on someone. Then he proceeds to say he's the next Perkins, with three years of eligibility.

Every roster spot on this team, including the sixth man, perhaps even the seventh, consists of someone with a legit chance of making all conference. 

cgeldmacher and David King like this

-it's June, I remember CFord on with Frank last September talking about a 1-3-1 with TJH at the point, gushing about it, Rammer was also there and got a stffy, who recalls seeing that employed during this past season? did losing JPerk make this defense unplayable? I don't see how

-I hope I have learned a lesson with such comments to contain any exuberance until I see it when it counts

35 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I know we talk about this a lot on the board and not to be a downer but I just don't see those %'s translating to real games. 

Honestly, If I'm trying to put down the blue kool aid for a minute, I don't see him hitting more than 527 out 101 shots in game situations,