2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

NC St will be happy to play us after Yuri, Perk, Gibby, & Thatch are all gone.

I haven't seen anything about this being Gibby's last season. Have I missed something?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Perhaps part of the NC State schedule conflict?  The feature game will be Dayton v Wyoming. Dayton and Wyoming could be rated. NC State and Vandy won’t be. 

I have never understood why the St. Louis Sports Commission doesn't have an annual out of conference tournament at the Enterprise Center.  Kansas City has had one for years.  Chicago now has one.  With our central location, many regional teams would love playing in St. Louis and bringing their fanbases here.

AGB91, almaman and dlarry like this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have never understood why the St. Louis Sports Commission doesn't have an annual out of conference tournament at the Enterprise Center.  Kansas City has had one for years.  Chicago now has one.  With our central location, many regional teams would love playing in St. Louis and bringing their fanbases here.

I've always thought a tournament of the Missouri teams would make sense. SLU, Mizzou, SEMO, UMKC, MO St., and, now, Lindenwood. Not sure how Lindenwood and SEMO would work being  in the same conference but it's a cool idea. Could expand to include SIUE and SIUC real easily. 

St. Louis just seems like such a prime spot to host non-conf tournaments. Arch Madness is always successful.  

Compton likes this

41 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I've always thought a tournament of the Missouri teams would make sense. SLU, Mizzou, SEMO, UMKC, MO St., and, now, Lindenwood. Not sure how Lindenwood and SEMO would work being  in the same conference but it's a cool idea. Could expand to include SIUE and SIUC real easily. 

St. Louis just seems like such a prime spot to host non-conf tournaments. Arch Madness is always successful.  

Just need to leave Mizzou off the list, add Eville, as Mizzou would not deign to give this their lofty attention. Call it the Missouri Compromise.

58 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Western Illinois (3hr drive) and Arkansas State (4hr drive) are also good potential invitees, and would bring two more conferences into the mix.

23 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Just need to leave Mizzou off the list, add Eville, as Mizzou would not deign to give this their lofty attention. Call it the Missouri Compromise.

I think we need to leave SLU off the list. Why do we want to do this again? lol

6 minutes ago, Compton said:

Western Illinois (3hr drive) and Arkansas State (4hr drive) are also good potential invitees, and would bring two more conferences into the mix.

rather see Murry state or Memphis 

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

rather see Murry state or Memphis 

Murray wouldn't bring a new conference into the mix if SIUC or Missouri State is playing. But yeah, Memphis, Western Kentucky or Illinois would also be great. It just might be harder to lock those programs into an annual tournament.

8 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

I’ve thought about a tournament like this to open the season.  Only no UMKC or Lindenwood.  But add ILL. And SIUC and maybe SIUE.  This tournament would be a money maker and sell out. The teams would have cheap travel and lots of revenue.  It’s a shame they won’t  do something like this.

11 hours ago, brownwolves said:

I'MMM BAACK...

ya can't keep a good Bonnie down!

How is the Bonnie team rebuilding going is Schmidt going to build a competitive team?

What is your opinion of Schmidt mainly playing 5 players?

59 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Mizzou and Illinois won't come to St. Louis a second time given the 'Bragging Rights' game.  

Exactly.  The only way to make this happen would be to convince the money people behind the "Bragging Rights" game that an MTE involving more local schools would generate a larger profit than a standalone game and get them to expand it.

20 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I think we need to leave SLU off the list. Why do we want to do this again? lol

I picture it in place of early season non-conf buy games. Not a substitute for feast week tourney or anything meaningful. 

bauman likes this

Okay.  Let's go big with this.  Combine this two day tournament with the old high school showcase tournament they used to do at the Arena and the now named Enterprise Center.  Each morning and early afternoon the top local and regional high school teams play matchups against each other.  Each evening, the college teams play a four team tournament.  The kids playing in the high school games and their parents and coaches get free tickets to the college games.  The point of this is that you combine the non-con game tournament with a recruiting event.

As far as the main event games, you can make it so that SLU and Mizzou or SLU and Illinois always make the tournament, but the other teams (UMKC, Lindenwood, SEMO, Mo State, SIU-E, SIU-C) have to play their way in to be one of the two teams that gets into the four team tournament.

The whole thing is a win for everyone.  The high school kids get to play in a big venue and showcase their talent to local coaches.  The local teams get to have some exclusive time with the top kids in the area.  The St. Louis region benefits from the money coming into town for the event.

On 5/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, cgeldmacher said:

This event isn't a tournament in Chicago.