Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thetorch said:

International Trip this season?!?!?  

Did the Bahama Cabana Boys call us for a rematch?

Hopefully  a bonding trip Now all we need to watch out for is the dreaded Monkey Pox and bad ice cubes. 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Hopefully  a bonding trip Now all we need to watch out for is the dreaded Monkey Pox and bad ice cubes. 

Monkey pox does not transmit without direct contact with infected clothing or actual patients. Unless there is  an outbreak at the place we are going this is not an issue. Bad ice cubes happen in places where the water supply is contaminated by sewer water. Mexico City and St. Petersburg (Russia) are well know to have this kind of problem. I am pretty sure we are not going to St. Petersburg (Russia) any time soon.

No mention of possible foes NC State and Vanderbilt.  The NC State game is supposed to be a return game from the 2020 Chaifetz match-up. 

I'm good with Thames as a backup ball handler.  Thatch can help run the offense when Collins isn't on the floor. 

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

No mention of possible foes NC State and Vanderbilt.  The NC State game is supposed to be a return game from the 2020 Chaifetz match-up. 

I'm good with Thames as a backup ball handler.  Thatch can help run the offense when Collins isn't on the floor. 

I'm pretty sure the NC State game is being pushed to the following season. That's probably what has SLU looking for another power conference opponent.

46 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yuri is gonna make Thames a legit PG, Maybe not next year, but at some point. Imagine with his size, he would be our biggest NBA prospect since Hughes. 

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm pretty sure the NC State game is being pushed to the following season. That's probably what has SLU looking for another power conference opponent.

That is what Chapley reported; a push back to the following season, but then someone on this board (I forget whom) said it was going to happen this upcoming season. 

Any updated rumors on Vandy?

Just now, wgstl said:

Yuri is gonna make Thames a legit PG, Maybe not next year, but at some point. Imagine with his size, he would be our biggest NBA prospect since Hughes. 

Can you envision Thames on the Pick and Roll, with his height he will be a matchup problem....switch your big onto Thames and let the PG handle Okoro on the Roll, so fight through the pick.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Can you envision Thames on the Pick and Roll, with his height he will be a matchup problem....switch your big onto Thames and let the PG handle Okoro on the Roll, so fight through the pick.

Lethal. Especially when the pick and roll is Thames and Cisse - Thames is big enough to outman smaller defenders and if Cisse can shoot like his highlight tape suggests then he's a deep threat that demands defense on high pick and rolls. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That is what Chapley reported; a push back to the following season, but then someone on this board (I forget whom) said it was going to happen this upcoming season. 

Any updated rumors on Vandy?

The only time I've heard Vandy mentioned is when Ford said something about it last week. That was a new one to me. Is it home or away? I don't even know that much. We do know:

Away: Auburn, Iona, SIUC
Home: Memphis, Boise State
Neutral: Maryland, Miami/Providence

Which leaves 6 regular season games TBA assuming NC State is moved to next season. Vandy would be 1 of those 6.

If they want 18 home dates for season ticket holders, they pretty much need all 6 of those to be home games and can add an exhibition. Or they can take another road game and have 2 exhibitions.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The only time I've heard Vandy mentioned is when Ford said something about it last week. That was a new one to me. Is it home or away? I don't even know that much. We do know:

Which leaves 6 regular season games TBA assuming NC State is moved to next season. Vandy would be 1 of those 6.

If they want 18 home dates for season ticket holders, they pretty much need all 6 of those to be home games and can add an exhibition. Or they can take another road game and have 2 exhibitions.

He specifically mentioned both Vandy and NC State during his comments at the golf tournament. Whether something changes/has changed since then is beyond my control LOL

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Based on this post, I updated the front page of Billikens.com

If corrections should be made, let me know.  I always seem to make typos.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

He specifically mentioned both Vandy and NC State during his comments at the golf tournament. Whether something changes/has changed since then is beyond my control LOL

🤷‍♂️

HoosierPal likes this

20 minutes ago, almaman said:

good that we seem to have so many quality OOC games we need to push one down the road to the next season.

Quality, probably, but only 3  P6 OOC games.  Maryland, Auburn and either Miami or Providence with none of them here.   So it's not exactly a loaded, attractive home OOC schedule, subject to games not yet announced.