2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is all right, but it looks like DeAndre Jones played a season at Link Year Prep after graduating from high school in Boise, played 4 seasons at Central Arkansas (only 10 games during the COVID year which didn't count anyways assuming I have that COVID season right), and one season here. This is all I can think of: 

Billy Madison Stay As Long As You Can GIFs | Tenor

AnkielBreakers likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense, this sets up the likely two best teams for the final game.  Ranking of where these teams stand according to T-rank

#22 Miami

#36 SLU

#49 Maryland

#63 Providence 

Or our #1 fan Jon's ranking has us #27 and Miami #33 the other two out of his top 45

46 minutes ago, wgstl said:

he was excited about us this season too. Cant let him down 2 years in a row or he'll move on. 

He of all people understood the circumstances and how they changed from preseason to nonconference. Probably moreso than a lot of people on this damn board. 

10 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

He of all people understood the circumstances and how they changed from preseason to nonconference. Probably moreso than a lot of people on this damn board. 

oh I know, but still gotta deliver before he moves on to another school

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

oh I know, but still gotta deliver before he moves on to another school

Rothstein is an A10 booster.  He'll back whatever teams he considers the best in a given year.  Even when he gets off a team's bandwagon, he gets right back on it after they string together some good wins because that's what's best for the conference.

Bizziken likes this

4 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

He's got Dayton as a 6-seed winning the A10 tournament and playing Memphis in Greensboro. Seems like we're one commitment away from leapfrogging them. 

Guys are starting to bounce out of the NBA draft, but most are returning to their original team.  Movement is starting to happen.  The next two weeks will be interesting.  The return from the draft window closes end of this month.

FYI, Dayton has one open scholarship. They are kind of in the same boat we are, 'come and play on a probably NCAA tourney team'.

Well this will be our toughest schedule yet if it plays out. 

#5 Auburn

#6 Dayton

#10 Miami or #10 providence 

#11 Memphis 

#14 Iona

Loyola and VCU as next four out.

Any chance we play #12 UAB again?  Maybe get #16 SIUE this year.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

FYI, Dayton has one open scholarship. They are kind of in the same boat we are, 'come and play on a probably NCAA tourney team'.

Yep.  But we have four chances to get at least one player who ends up being better than originally thought, they get one. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Guys are starting to bounce out of the NBA draft, but most are returning to their original team.  Movement is starting to happen.  The next two weeks will be interesting.  The return from the draft window closes end of this month.

Really any backup big, or two, and a guard - which are all but guaranteed, just a matter of when - puts us leaps and bounds above Dayton. They're still young, we've still got more talent, and I can only imagine the only reason we're not above them in this bracketology is because of the roster holes. 

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Well this will be our toughest schedule yet if it plays out. 

#5 Auburn

#6 Dayton

#10 Miami or #10 providence 

#11 Memphis 

#14 Iona

Loyola and VCU as next four out.

Any chance we play #12 UAB again?  Maybe get #16 SIUE this year.

Ford mentioned yesterday Vandy and NC State. I don't think either is supposed to be any good, but P6 nonetheless

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

Ford mentioned yesterday Vandy and NC State. I don't think either is supposed to be any good, but P6 nonetheless

I'll take bad p6 over directional schools all day.  

Did he mention just wanting to play them, or that they will be on the schedule ?

Just now, wgstl said:

I'll take bad p6 over directional schools all day.  

Did he mention just wanting to play them, or that they will be on the schedule ?

On the schedule. I didn't make notes but I think those are the only names we didn't know already

wgstl likes this

40 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

This is good news. I had heard there was a conflict on the NCState game and that it might be pushed back a year, but it appears to have been resolved.  I believe that game will be at Raleigh as the return game from our 12/2020 home game.  I hope Vandy is here, as our away schedule is packed.

Here we go again with high expectations. They scare the hell out of me. Every year we get them we seem to get slammed by the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not going to get too excited until we find out the quality of the guys who fill in the roster holes. Today we just have too many question marks; Perkins recovery, Parker's adjustment to D1, just one big and one PG. Granted this team has talent, but it lacks quantity.