Two Man Game, Rammer and Rocchio podcast, "Another Local Possible Soon"

I got tired of finding the old thread.  So I started again.  I missed one or two last week.

Billiken talk 1 min to 11 min.

Transfer portal has blown open.  Turnbull visit:  The entire Billiken's staff was in on the visit.  The staff feels they had a good relationship with him in the earlier recruiting period.  6'8" Big that has a jump shot, something we don't have.  He is the priority #1 in this transfer window.  Per Rammer, Turnbull wouldn't solve the backup C slot. 

Nesbitt has put himself in limbo, they think he has pulled out of the NBA but isn't in the portal.    [NOTE:  Players have until May 1 to enter the portal and not be subject to sitting a year.  This twist on the transfer rule is to allow any coach to know how many openings he has in time to rebuild his team.]

It is a great time for Yuri to see where he stands with the NBA.  Yuri is using this to his advantage, as he should.  He has an agent, Kevin Martin, who is NCAA registered agent so Yuri retains eligibility. 

The Euro big still may be out there. 

Lots of moving parts on the roster.   SLU doesn't need to update everyone daily on what is going on.   Rammer feels by Memorial Day things will be clearer.

The bottom of every roster is going to churn yearly.  This makes it difficult to build a program.  Getting tape while playing at some random school is better than sitting on a higher level school.

• HoosierPal changed the title to Two Man Game, Rammer and Rocchio podcast, talks about Yuri and Turnbull
22 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I got tired of finding the old thread.  So I started again.  I missed one or two last week.

Billiken talk 1 min to 11 min.

Transfer portal has blown open.  Turnbull visit:  The entire Billiken's staff was in on the visit.  The staff feels they had a good relationship with him in the earlier recruiting period.  6'8" Big that has a jump shot, something we don't have.  He is the priority #1 in this transfer window.  Per Rammer, Turnbull wouldn't solve the backup C slot. 

Nesbitt has put himself in limbo, they think he has pulled out of the NBA but isn't in the portal.    [NOTE:  Players have until May 1 to enter the portal and not be subject to sitting a year.  This twist on the transfer rule is to allow any coach to know how many openings he has in time to rebuild his team.]

It is a great time for Yuri to see where he stands with the NBA.  Yuri is using this to his advantage, as he should.  He has an agent, Kevin Martin, who is NCAA registered agent so Yuri retains eligibility. 

The Euro big still may be out there. 

Lots of moving parts on the roster.   SLU doesn't need to update everyone daily on what is going on.   Rammer feels by Memorial Day things will be clearer.

The bottom of every roster is going to churn yearly.  This makes it difficult to build a program.  Getting tape while playing at some random school is better than sitting on a higher level school.

Fingers crossed that Nesbitt comes back. Would make for one less need in the transfer portal

Javon Pickett discussed first:  A graduate transfer for his 5th season.  He is a bigger, more offensive version of  Fred Thatch at 6'5". Played well his senior year particularly in the SEC games.  His big-guard game works with what SLU is building, a four guard lineup.  This system should be better for his talent as he won't be isolated as much as he was at Mizzou.

Larry Hughes Jr, Rammer confirmed he will walk on.  He could have gone a lot of places and played, but is coming to SLU.  Sr. has said some of Jr.s' HS stats are better than what Sr. had.  "Bringing the story back into the building".  We will have a back stop of players.  It will be perfect for someone like Jr who wants to grow his game.

All but one player, Jimerson, is from the STL 'Region'.  Rammer at 7 minutes, said another signing from the area could be coming in the next day or two.  May be 'bigger than any' as he would bring a different element to the team.  "Anyone who looks at the roster knows it needs Bigs."  Getting a backup for PG is a tough call.  Who wants to come and sit.  But who on the roster has those skills.

Can Nesbitt turn his talent into productivity?  That is the transition he needs. 

BuiltFordBills likes this

• HoosierPal changed the title to Two Man Game, Rammer and Rocchio podcast, "Another Local Possible Soon"
2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

All but one player, Jimerson, is from the STL 'Region'.  Rammer at 7 minutes, said another signing from the area could be coming in the next day or two.  May be 'bigger than any' as he would bring a different element to the team.  "Anyone who looks at the roster knows it needs Bigs."  

That sounds like Turnbull. I suppose it could be Bradford from K-State, but Turnbull would seem to fit more into the “different element” category.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Who brings something different to the offense. If it is not him, then who knows.

Bradford brings a skill set similar to Okoro - plays back to the basket, limited range, not an accomplished passer, and okay shot blocker (he isn't a very good FT).  Turnbull has three point range and can play either facing the basket or with his back to the basket.  He is more of a stretch big that we don't have.

My nickel is on Turnbull. Butler Hoops has pretty well written him off for being a Bulldog, but what do MBM's know>

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Bradford brings a skill set similar to Okoro - plays back to the basket, limited range, not an accomplished passer, and okay shot blocker (he isn't a very good FT).  Turnbull has three point range and can play either facing the basket or with his back to the basket.  He is more of a stretch big that we don't have.

My nickel is on Turnbull. Butler Hoops has pretty well written him off for being a Bulldog, but what do MBM's know>

I agree. I meant Turnbull. I did not look back at the thread history when responding.