Yuri

Schasz

33 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

That looks like Schasz. I'm officially apologizing for defending him

Going back and giving him the troll reaction. Loser at least use two different usernames if you gonna talk behind ones back. Lol can't wait for Yuri to stay and then hop over there and trash talk that $h!t program.

Picked them clowns to win it all in my bracket. Screw them

Fraz and Bizziken like this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

That looks like Schasz. I'm officially apologizing for defending him

I said that I didn't think he was a troll but he sure sounded like he was pushing this rumor and the idea thus being really a Vols fan before a Billiken one.  Maybe his wife put the screws to him who knows.  These two posts of his are  very telling.  I won't ignore him but I have no interest anything he says now but of course maybe I am just living the dream.

43 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Going back and giving him the troll reaction. Loser at least use two different usernames if you gonna talk behind ones back. Lol can't wait for Yuri to stay and then hop over there and trash talk that $h!t program.

Picked them clowns to win it all in my bracket. Screw them

Picking Rick Barnes to win anything in March? Yikes

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I've officially been on both sides of this now. My newborn was up for a couple hours last night, so I spent it on the Vols boards like any normal human being would. It seems like there is some real smoke there just because there are some who are really sure of it, but I know that rumors can spread like wildfire on a board and through a fanbase that don't necessarily carry any value. I haven't been deep in the opposing message board world in a few years (I have hobbies outdoors, unlike some of these guys apparently), so I'm not sure how valid anything is anymore.

I guess it just depends - does he want to play on a top 20 team in his hometown with the players to make a run, or underwhelm expectations and lose on the first weekend like Tennessee always seems to do?

Also, looking it up - since 2012 (yes I cherrypicked a year, but based on how UT fans are speaking about us, it shouldn't matter as their program is so much bigger and better, just ask them)

SLU tournament berths: 4

Tennessee tournament berths: 5

Just thought this was interesting is all

This is what paternity leave is for right? 

I think Schasz is taking a little too much heat for saying he had higher expectations for Travis Ford so far. Other than that he just believes the rumors and is getting crucified for sharing them on here.  I am not buying the rumors, but I am glad he shared them here.

SLU_Lax likes this

4 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

The Tennessee board has to be one of the most delusional sites I've ever been to. Two of the posters were making bets on how many Points/Assists he was going to average for them next season. And when someone else brought up the fact that our fans don't think that he's going anywhere, it was "wishful thinking."

They’re even worse in football. I’m so glad they haven’t won since 1998. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I think Schasz is taking a little too much heat for saying he had higher expectations for Travis Ford so far. Other than that he just believes the rumors and is getting crucified for sharing them on here.  I am not buying the rumors, but I am glad he shared them here.

Context matters, and it is hard to read Schasz’s posts on there without thinking he/she views SLU as a side show at best. Just look at the language used. And I am someone who has been disappointed by Ford’s results on the court.

4 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Context matters, and it is hard to read Schasz’s posts on there without thinking he/she views SLU as a side show at best. Just look at the language used. And I am someone who has been disappointed by Ford’s results on the court.

I read it as he doesn’t think SLU will be a top program next year with Travis at the helm.  I think barring some major injuries we should, but I get where he is coming from.  I could see how people could read it as never a top program, but I don't think that is what he was trying to say. 

2 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Remember when somebody tells you who they are believe them.

2 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

There is a reason for all the angst. We were horrible without Yuri in our game against Northern Iowa. 

Do u think Yurimania’s leaving for the NBA or going into the portal? Everyone seems convinced he’ll be staying. My angst comment was directed at all the hub bub being made about where  Shaszh’s true  allegiance lies, to SLU or UT? Why should we care, unless he’s being subjected to spousal abuse? 😎

Did anyone figure out why Yuri did not play against UNI? He looked pretty much healthy in the bench. Outside of that weird deal, I do not see anything that suggests he would leave.

Nesbitt was the person that clearly annoyed him the most, and is gone. If TJ left, I could see that affecting Yuri, because they seem close. He gets along with everyone else. Otherwise, he is a hometown hero, and the team lead. How does it get any better than that?

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Did anyone figure out why Yuri did not play against UNI? He looked pretty much healthy in the bench. Outside of that weird deal, I do not see anything that suggests he would leave.

Nesbitt was the person that clearly annoyed him the most, and is gone. If TJ left, I could see that affecting Yuri, because they seem close. He gets along with everyone else. Otherwise, he is a hometown hero, and the team lead. How does it get any better than that?

I think he had a hairline fracture somewhere - his foot maybe?

53 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I think he had a hairline fracture somewhere - his foot maybe?

I believe he was in pain during the A10 tournament. I don't think it was fractured yet but playing in the NIT would have risked exacerbating the issue potentially leading to a fracture, surgery and a long recovery period.

5 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Per Tate, Yuri didn't play because MRI results were not back prior to UNI game.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

15 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im being too paranoid now, but I would think Yuri would be up front to Ford about this, and if theres anything to it, ford would be offering PG's right now. 

Schasz is getting exactly the reaction he wanted...that is why I called him out as a troll.  It is fake news...and he knew it...yet he posted it anyway.  It is ridiculous that anyone defends him and that anyone gives this bs a second thought. 

23 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im being too paranoid now, but I would think Yuri would be up front to Ford about this, and if theres anything to it, ford would be offering PG's right now. 

Seriously, this is Yuri we’re talking about. Not exactly the guy who would be communicating with another program through “back channels”

14 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Seriously, this is Yuri we’re talking about. Not exactly the guy who would be communicating with another program through “back channels”

19 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Schasz is getting exactly the reaction he wanted...that is why I called him out as a troll.  It is fake news...and he knew it...yet he posted it anyway.  It is ridiculous that anyone defends him and that anyone gives this bs a second thought. 

Oh I know im being paranoid on my own dime. I was totally laughing through this whole thing until I saw that Yuri 'liked" a tweet a month ago about Tennessee fans showing support for Rick Barnes.