Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Chill

Agree.  Do not know Yuri's background.  Given the HS he went to I am assuming he comes from a financially modest background.  If he is really getting the dollars being kicked around, I think it would be difficult for him to turn it down.  Not life changing dollars, but a lot, especially if you have little.  Posters need to walk in his shoes.  I hate that he is or might be leaving (some portal players return).  But I totally understand his decision if he goes.

9 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Ja Morant.  Steph Curry.  Dame Lillard.  Larry Bird.  CJ McCollum.  Larry Hughes.  Yuri Collins.  

Are you doing this on purpose? We all know you know that these aren’t the only guys who have done this. Is Elfrid Payton better? George Hill? Eric Maynor? FVV is a good comp as well.

Like… it’s not a short list and it’s not exclusively all stars. You’re doing yourself a disservice.

no one faults him for chasing a check. Just don’t act like he’s transferring under the guise of NBA prep.

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Agree.  Do not know Yuri's background.  Given the HS he went to I am assuming he comes from a financially modest background.  If he is really getting the dollars being kicked around, I think it would be difficult for him to turn it down.  Not life changing dollars, but a lot, especially if you have little.  Posters need to walk in his shoes.  I hate that he is or might be leaving (some portal players return).  But I totally understand his decision if he goes.

St. Mary’s is 12 grand a year. 
I don’t know his financial situation but I wouldn’t make any guess based on his high school.

stmdragons likes this

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

Are you doing this on purpose? We all know you know that these aren’t the only guys who have done this. Is Elfrid Payton better? George Hill? Eric Maynor? FVV is a good comp as well.

Like… it’s not a short list and it’s not exclusively all stars. You’re doing yourself a disservice.

Yeah.  I know there's a long list.  If you have been following the conversation you would know I didn't introduce any of those names into the conversation.  I only stated that it wasn't far fetched for Yuri to have heard they wanted to see him against better competition.  If you disagree fine...

10 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Yeah.  I know there's a long list.  If you have been following the conversation you would know I didn't introduce any of those names into the conversation.  I only stated that it wasn't far fetched for Yuri to have heard they wanted to see him against better competition.  If you disagree fine...

Except Scouts don't really say this.  Never really have.  

They have this thing called analytics now that can measure your value as a player against any competition.

They also have a thing called Synergy where they can see every play a player has ever made at the college level.

It isn't a disagreement because this "I need better competition" is complete fiction.

BilliesBy40 likes this

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

One got here as one of riches people in the history of the species, the other grew up where no one on this board would rather live than they do now. Otherwise quite =.

One guy married a Walton broad and then got richer by f-ing people over with impunity like a strip mall Daniel Plainview.

The other is a ~21 year old struggling to find his place in this world. 

As much as Yuri might disappoint us, he's not Stan Kroenke. 

AGB91 likes this

On our last tourney team, our point guard was who?  Isabell 3.6 apg or Goodwin 3.4 apg?  We didn't have a classical point guard at 7.9 apg, but we had four pretty darn good offensive players with Bess, Isabell, Goodwin and French.  No reason we can't have a great team without Yuri. We don't need Yuri to be a great team with Perkins, Jimerson, Okoro and take your pick - Parker, Thatch, or TBD.

MusicCityBilliken and Zink like this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I wouldn’t throw my drink at yuri if I came across him in public, so not the same. 

I’ve never peed on a Yuri Collins urinal cake,  in the bathroom of a Hot Shots, so definitely not the same. 

3 hours ago, MariaReynolds said:

Yuri is the new Stan Kroenke...

Terrible. Not even close. Kroenke is a scoundrel with no soul who sold us all out when we tried every trick we had in the book to placate him and he knew it. He is scum. He will never be welcome in this town, and like someone said earlier I'd throw my drink at him if I had one, glass and all.

Yuri who?

BilliesBy40 likes this

7 hours ago, Slowry said:

We all know the worst had to be Jolly

Jolly had a better attitude than Williams, and that's saying a lot.

Williams was one of the worst headcases and players I ever had the misfortune of watching. Selfish, incompetent, and arrogant.

billikenbill likes this

6 hours ago, Soderball said:

… Williams was one of the worst headcases and players I ever had the misfortune of watching. Selfish, incompetent, and arrogant.

Now that we’re eliminating the headcases and locker room cancers from the roster, not that I think Strickland, Lorentsen, or Traore were any of those, hope they’ll consider scheduling one of the 3 or 4 game preseason trips to see what we’ve got and work on team chemistry.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

7 hours ago, Soderball said:

Williams was one of the worst headcases and players I ever had the misfortune of watching. Selfish, incompetent, and arrogant.

I get criticizing guys for their play (I recognize that Williams didn’t provide what we hoped) but I don’t get going after their character. I don’t personally know Rashad but we do have mutual friends and he is very well liked not just by his teammates but by everyone around him. 

Littlebill likes this

There are vast differences between Kroenke and Yuri. Yuri hurt our feelings, Kroenke cost our metropolitan area lots of money in losses. Apples and Oranges, they cannot be compared except that they are both fruits. Yuri and Kroenke they are orders of magnitude appart in the amount of damages they caused.

8 hours ago, Soderball said:

Are you the psycho who's being an a-hole to players on twitter?