Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I’m kind of joking about it, I know it’s possible. I find it incredibly odd, but I know it’s possible. However, on the other board shaz spoke to his cool friends about SLU as if we were Holy Cross (sorry Godar, I don’t know your name here) and not a top 75 program. As if Tennessee has ever won anything….

Its evident. Tennessee is a football school who hasn’t done anything in 25 years. Imagine an existence like that.

Yep. You nailed it. Even if someone can like multiple teams equally (I think that idea is ABSURD BTW), they wouldn’t talk about the other school like Schasz has been doing, including after being called for it. Compare his posts about SLU on the Tennessee message board to his posts about Tennessee on this message board. It isn’t hard to see who he favors.

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Are we honestly suggesting Fred Thatch would not dominate as a 5 😂

Nope...by big I don't think there is anyone who can sub at the 5...when FO needs a rest or is in foul trouble. I don't recall seeing Thatch sub in as a 5.

26 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Nope...by big I don't think there is anyone who can sub at the 5...when FO needs a rest or is in foul trouble. I don't recall seeing Thatch sub in as a 5.

Yes no one is seriously suggesting our generously listed 6’3” shooting guard play at center ( though he did play the 4 at times ).

We are all well aware that we have a roster full of guards and Franco at the moment.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach Ford is scheduled to be on with Frank at 10:30 this evening.  I'm sure he will fully explain how SLU came up with enough cash to lure Yuri back, or maybe he won't.

Very interesting interview. Nothing discussed about NIL money.

When Cusumano asked CTF why Yuri was coming back: “… realized… upon reflection what a special situation he had here: playing on a really good basketball team, with teammates he’s comfortable with, that believe in him, he believes in them, a coaching staff that trusts him.”

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

I’m kind of joking about it, I know it’s possible. I find it incredibly odd, but I know it’s possible. However, on the other board shaz spoke to his cool friends about SLU as if we were Holy Cross (sorry Godar, I don’t know your name here) and not a top 75 program. As if Tennessee has ever won anything….

Its evident. Tennessee is a football school who hasn’t done anything in 25 years. Imagine an existence like that.

The Tennessee basketball program produces stars. Kevin Nash played for the Volunteers. He went on to become a 6-time heavyweight champion, and one of THE actors in the history of film.

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

fail-basketball.gif

I trust your opinions and expertise always and I agreed with you about Yuri.

The whole ride with Yuri in the portal was a strange ride and SLU’s administrations tendencies to react does not have a good record.

Chris May and Travis Ford continue to break through that I am confident SLU will be good for many years as long as SLU can keep both of them.

Has anyone noticed that troll labs and bonner have crawled back under their rocks?

11 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I agree but damn dude.....you said some shee-it.  You sounded like a Missouri fan dismissing our program.......you really sounded like Billiken Law back in the day talking about how much better Marquette was than the Bills.  Just not cool.........

Not at all. We don’t care about Tennessee. Go steal players from other schools and talk Tennessee on their boards.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I trust your opinions and expertise always and I agreed with you about Yuri.

The whole ride with Yuri in the portal was a strange ride and SLU’s administrations tendencies to react does not have a good record.

Chris May and Travis Ford continue to break through that I am confident SLU will be good for many years as long as SLU can keep both of them.

Has anyone noticed that troll labs and bonner have crawled back under their rocks?

Things changed, and changed fast. What was looking 99% true on Thursday wasn't the case by Sunday. It happens. I'm happy to be wrong when the outcome is good.

slufanskip likes this

13 hours ago, Schasz said:

Bills still could use a backup big.

And I could use $10,000 and a nap, as much as you could use a kick in the shin. 

You showed your colors here, buddy, and those colors are orange and white. Maybe just lay low for a while??? It's damn clear that nobody wants to hear from you. 

Fraz and RiseOfTheBillikens like this

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

And I could use $10,000 and a nap, as much as you could use a kick in the shin. 

You showed your colors here, buddy, and those colors are orange and white. Maybe just lay low for a while??? It's damn clear that nobody wants to hear from you. 

i think your anger is misplaced.   it seems to me the only thing schasz is guilty of is being the messenger.   you almost act as though he brokered the whole almost deal.    i agree i wasnt happy to read it, but in hindsight he was only reporting what he knows due to staying abreast of his wife's alma mater messageboard.   

if you should be furious with anyone it is yuri himself for his discourtesy and lack of class and loyalty to the billikens.   my guess is he didnt come back out of loyalty and friendship but some booster(s) likely bucked up to the threat of the gun to the head and out bid the volunteers.   that's nothing to celebrate.   plus what did yuri's actions set off with the other players that indeed did remain loyal to the billikens?   i pray this is now the end of this for now. 

but come on the shots at schasz are not necessary.  

MB73, Schasz and bauman like this

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think your anger is misplaced.   it seems to me the only thing schasz is guilty of is being the messenger.   you almost act as though he brokered the whole almost deal.    i agree i wasnt happy to read it, but in hindsight he was only reporting what he knows due to staying abreast of his wife's alma mater messageboard.   

if you should be furious with anyone it is yuri himself for his discourtesy and lack of class and loyalty to the billikens.   my guess is he didnt come back out of loyalty and friendship but some booster(s) likely bucked up to the threat of the gun to the head and out bid the volunteers.   that's nothing to celebrate.   plus what did yuri's actions set off with the other players that indeed did remain loyal to the billikens?   i pray this is now the end of this for now. 

but come on the shots at schasz are not necessary.  

If he had stopped at being the messenger, you're correct. But then he went as far as disrespecting our program and that's where the line is drawn. Did you see his messages on the Tennessee board? Schasz wanted Yuri to leave SLU for UT and actively rooted for it, so no, his presence is not welcome here as far as I'm concerned.  

BilliesBy40 likes this

On 4/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, majerus mojo said:

image.thumb.png.3bc0067e9f0a6e519e9a52247f6f3f0d.png

image.thumb.png.43e001a414d7eae586d18169eb720d35.png

This guy stinks out loud (whoever he is) 

"Yep! They have some nice fans who live in a dream of the day SLU will be a top program. I'm not of the same thinking....."

We all have some Mizzou friends who talk like that. Is he a troll. Probably not but he deserves a little time out to reconsider his allegiance. In my book if anybody talks like that they aren't a real SLU fan(atic). 

ACE, Littlebill and BilliesBy40 like this

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

2OT at George Mason. 

I could be wrong, but don't think Thatch was ever on the floor without Traore during that game.  He guarded Oduro on some switches, but he wasn't really playing the 5.

It doesn't really matter.  Even if Fred can be passable/good playing the play the 5 for limited minutes we still need a solid backup (or 2) for Okoro.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I could be wrong, but don't think Thatch was ever on the floor without Traore during that game.  He guarded Oduro on some switches, but he wasn't really playing the 5.

It doesn't really matter.  Even if Fred can be passable/good playing the play the 5 for limited minutes we still need a solid backup (or 2) for Okoro.

I do believe he was on the floor solo at the 5 because this isn't the first time I've had this conversation about Dr. Fred "Center" Thatch but believe me I am not advocating for him to do so regularly...or ever again. Just pointing out that he did. 

RUBillsFan likes this

On 4/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, Pistol said:

To get this back on track, and because there's so much speculation in this thread:

Yuri isn't coming back.

On 4/21/2022 at 10:55 PM, Pistol said:

Out of reactions, but thank you.

Trying this again, to get it back on track: Yuri returning is not an option.

We need to focus our energy on the replacement options.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Things changed, and changed fast. What was looking 99% true on Thursday wasn't the case by Sunday. It happens. I'm happy to be wrong when the outcome is good.

-just so I know, where did you say 99%? I missed that post or posts

MB73 likes this

2 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

"Yep! They have some nice fans who live in a dream of the day SLU will be a top program. I'm not of the same thinking....."

We all have some Mizzou friends who talk like that. Is he a troll. Probably not but he deserves a little time out to reconsider his allegiance. In my book if anybody talks like that they aren't a real SLU fan(atic). 

This reads like someone who is in a cult.  Chill.  Sports are supposed to be fun, remember?

4 minutes ago, Eadsbee said:

This reads like someone who is in a cult.  Chill.  Sports are supposed to be fun, remember?

Before anything else, sports are tribal.  Our tribe beat your tribe.  Taking pride in that is the source of the fun.

This wouldn't be the first instance of a fan who thought he could root for two teams equally.  That's true, until both teams are pitted against each other.  Then one's preference, which even the fan may not be aware of, is revealed.