Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ARon said:

So was TN's offer to Yuri pulled after they landed Tyreke Key?

Hard to say.  It's possible, but all along it seemed Tennessee was planning on taking and landing them both.  Did some SLU booster step up with some money? Did Key cost UT more money than they initially thought and it decreased Collins' offer?  Maybe we were wrong the whole time and it was Key OR Collins not Key AND Collins for UT.  I'd like to know out of curiosity, but we'll likely never know for sure.

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

That was what I wondered. Tyreke is a better player and from TN so the fit makes a lot of sense. 

Better, yes, probably, but different.  Key is not a pass first guard.  He's a scorer who is good for a few assists a game.  From a position stand point, it really didn't seem like they were blocking each other.  Both players rely on a lot of touches though.  I don't think they'd have to sacrifice minutes being on the same team, but one or both would get less touches most likely.  I would guess Tennessee is probably looking at their other options for a pass first guard right now to replace what they thought they had in Collins.  However, I was wrong yesterday about this situation.  Totally could be wrong on this as well.

12 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

You’re probably right, just wishful thinking

I have a feeling carr will be after a formal announcement from yuri. He’s a nice guy. 

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

That was what I wondered. Tyreke is a better player and from TN so the fit makes a lot of sense. 

They thought key would be back up PG and back up SG, essentially giving key starting like minutes. 

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

You right about that.  If they get a quality starter with one of the remaining scholarships....they are 🕺 in March

Not sure we’re going to get a “quality starter” with the remaining scholarships.  Also, don’t think we need a starter to be dancing.  Perkins returning, Pickett transferring over, and Parker from Juco, in addition to what we had will be good enough.

thetorch likes this

28 minutes ago, gabriel said:

This whole saga just makes me appreciate Yuri even more. Can’t wait for next year.

Hope everyone is able to forgive Yuri for weighing his options? Shouldn’t be a single billikens fan with any hatred in their heart for the kid.

If you can’t forgive Yuri you don’t know what poor feels like. Welcome home!

gabriel and Dr. Holly Hills like this

55 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Not sure we’re going to get a “quality starter” with the remaining scholarships.  Also, don’t think we need a starter to be dancing.  Perkins returning, Pickett transferring over, and Parker from Juco, in addition to what we had will be good enough.

My bad.  You are correct.  Not to get to the dance...but I think they need another piece to do damage once they get there

slubillikens43 and CBFan like this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

They thought key would be back up PG and back up SG, essentially giving key starting like minutes. 

No, Key is not seen as a backup PG...he's a 2 Guard. Zakai Ziegler played a lot of PG when Kennedy Chandler was getting a rest. They recruited a 4 Star PG BJ Edwards who will get the backup PG minutes if they don't recruit someone else.