Yuri

Schasz

3 hours ago, TRN said:

Exactly.  $25MM at a Tennessee would be a fraction for SLU without FB.

if SLU is serious about wanting to be in the Big East, they need to act like they want to be.  Work to get a collective created and stay up with other schools.

They're never going to the Big East.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

They're never going to the Big East.

Fun Facts about SLU's former MCC counterparts who advanced beyond SLU and ended up in the Big East...

Marquette: Haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 2013
Xavier: Haven't made the NCAA tournament since 2018
Butler: Haven't made the NCAA tournament since 2018

Getting into the Big East would not make SLU's path to the NCAA tournament any easier.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

I don’t think anyone ever targeted the Big East as an ‘easier’ path to the dance.  It was more about being in a conference with major, non-football playing, private institutions with some religious foundation in the background.  

Hell, we could be the real butt wipes in there playing that competition —- outside of DePaul and Butler. 

Compton likes this

4 hours ago, STLsportsfan said:

Done with college sports 

I looked this Ruiz guy up. He builds those cigar racing boats. Surprised Pack didn’t get one. Apparently Pack will have to show up at Boat Races to earn his $800K.

Ruiz also played baseball at UM. And he said ‘More next week.’  

Maybe Yuri should ask this guy to top his UT offer and add in a boat. Why stop at a measly $200K. 

1 hour ago, STLsportsfan said:

I’m not as worried about things like this as some of you.  Look at the number of high recruits that don’t work out.  Now add the pressure of the money.  Some of these young athletes will fail under this pressure.  Can you imagine how easy it will be to loose a locker room when the kids that aren’t being paid as much perform better?  Some of these teams will implode.  I think it will take a couple years to level out.  But I don’t think it will be the end of good college hoops.

Bizziken likes this

So let me see if I have this straight, Nigel Pack going to get $400,000 a year..  FGCU hired Pat Chambers  as their coach, he is going to get $350,000... OK 

BigMouthBilliken likes this

I’m assuming UM is Michigan. Aren’t all their top players going to demand at least that or enter the portal? At this point from a business perspective shouldn’t every rotation player in the top 6 to 10 conferences enter the portal every year to see what is out there?

9 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

I’m assuming UM is Michigan. Aren’t all their top players going to demand at least that or enter the portal? At this point from a business perspective shouldn’t every rotation player in the top 6 to 10 conferences enter the portal every year to see what is out there?

Miami. Their boosters are pouring in $. Hired the new FB coach away from Oregon. 

6 hours ago, almaman said:

ain't that the Nike guy's team? damn he ain't happy I'm guessing 

Mario Cristobal is from Miami and played at UM.  Miami has been stumbling through the wilderness for years but looks like they are getting it right this time around with the hire.  Oregon will probably be alright. 

The Pack deal and Yuri's rumored deal are clearly recruiting enducements and pay for play. Both of which the NCAA said nil wouldn't be. 

Can the NCAA do anything to real this in?

If not, every player that is a projected lottery pick should jump into the portal.

1 minute ago, Aquinas said:

The Pack deal and Yuri's rumored deal are clearly recruiting enducements and pay for play. Both of which the NCAA said nil wouldn't be. 

Can the NCAA do anything to real this in?

If not, every player that is a projected lottery pick should jump into the portal.

I think that ship has sailed and Pandora’s box has been opened, says Captain Cliche. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I think that ship has sailed and Pandora’s box has been opened, says Captain Cliche. 

That horse is out of the barn and the train has left the station.

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

That horse is out of the barn and the train has left the station.

We've crossed the Rubicon 

genie is out of the bottle