Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I dont think TheOne's post is referring to Yuri coming back but to keep others that are on the fence from leaving.  I could be misreading it.  

I think its about Yuri, I would have thought it would be worded a little differently if it was about someone else. 

Just now, wgstl said:

This started before the agent got involved.  I do believe the agent did not help us, but communication between Yuri and Tennessee started well before entering the draft. Apparently mid winter. 

This is what really grinds my gears. 
Why is their no talk of tampering?

If Tennessee is doing it I’m sure other schools are too. 
Are “mid-major” coaches afraid to bring up tampering with the NCAA? Are they worried that bringing up tampering charges will be used against them later on?

Are programs even allowed to make complaints to the NCAA?

Has the NCAA just decided to completely turn a blind eye?

David King likes this

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This started before the agent got involved.  I do believe the agent did not help us, but communication between Yuri and Tennessee started well before entering the draft. Apparently mid winter. 

If that’s they case it’s worse, as it was happening during the season.

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Are “mid-major” coaches afraid to bring up tampering with the NCAA? Are they worried that bringing up tampering charges will be used against them later on?

The NCAA doesn't {yet} do anything with Self and they have him on tape. 

10 minutes ago, TRN said:

FYI - Tennessee dropped $8 million for a 5 Star QB in their 2023 recruiting class.  They have plenty to buy as many PGs that they want for whatever price.

Well, looks like Yurimania should have asked for more. $8mm for an unproven QB but only $200k for a proven D1 PG. 

When you’re tossing around those kind of $$$’s you have officially turned professional. Might as well stick a fork in college athletics as we knew it. 

bauman likes this

15 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I dont think TheOne's post is referring to Yuri coming back but to keep others that are on the fence from leaving.  I could be misreading it.  

I think the post is in reference to multiple things.  I think there are probably issues we aren’t even aware of behind the scenes.  A really fluid situation where things could turn out being pretty good or pretty bad when it all shakes out. A sort of turning point moment.

Littlebill likes this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’m beginning to fear our core roster is going to unravel. We have 3 players that could potentially start for P5 schools. Gibby, Perk, and Okoro. If not start, at the least be first off the bench guys. 

Well, we’ll know soon the deadline is almost here 

Let me put one item to rest once and for all - there was no hidden message or hidden agenda to Yuri sitting out the first round NIT game against UNI. He did truly have a mild injury in the inside of his foot, which he played through in DC but got increasingly painful for him. The staff feared something along the lines of a hairline fracture or minor break that, if he played through, could get worse and have long term implications. They were truly waiting on results/diagnosis.

12 hours ago, TheOne said:

I advise everyone to stop the hate talk. While I understand the unsettling nature of this whole situation, this saga is not over yet. The last thing a player who’s on the fence wants to see is a fan base that is so quick to disown them. 

Bump.

Please re-read and heed TheOne’s post from last night. Consider the wise words of native St. Louisan Yogi Berra, namely that it’s not over until it’s over. 

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think the post is in reference to multiple things.  I think there are probably issues we aren’t even aware of behind the scenes.  A really fluid situation where things could turn out being pretty good or pretty bad when it all shakes out. A sort of turning point moment.

I don’t like the sound of this.

When it comes to Billiken Basketball pretty bad usually beats out pretty good.

Can we just fast forward to May 1st?

waiting and wondering is the worst part. 

33 minutes ago, dlarry said:

The answer to your last question is unfortunately yes.  The not-so-well kept secret is they don’t mind it happening as long as it benefits the “big” conferences/schools

35 minutes ago, dlarry said:

depends how it was done.  If it was cut and dry like Barnes called up yuri, SLU has something.  But Barnes isn't stupid. 

slufanskip likes this

Just now, wgstl said:

depends how it was done.  If it was cut and dry like Barnes called up yuri, SLU has something.  But Barnes isn't stupid. 

Exactly.  There was no direct contact between Yuri and anyone directly involved with Tennessee's program.  Having outside groups dedicated to a specific athletic program handling NIL deals allows the group to make contact with a player's family and associates about NIL opportunities with no fear of tampering because the university isn't directly involved.  Having a group like that is what every program is going to need to be successful going forward.  What SLU announced yesterday is "nice", but it isn't a long term or really even a short term answer to the issue we are facing.  

JMM28 likes this

47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

i think it has gotten out of control and the ncaa doesnt know what to do.   

MB73 likes this

2 minutes ago, willie said:

The problem is some state legislatures have made them powerless. 

Good point. The NCAA basically threw their hands up hoping the US Congress would pass something. Then the states decided to pass their own. Except now we have 50 different laws or lack-there-of that creates a varying playing field. Some states are more strict. Some states are do whatever you want. I haven't looked closely at Missouri, but I am sure there are differences in what SLU athletes can do versus what SIU-E right across the river can do.