Yuri

Schasz

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I understand those feelings and actually share some of them, but…..,

Yuri hasn’t committed elsewhere, yet. There is still some chance  something could be worked out with him. We are recruiting his brother.  We are we recruiting his friends.  We have his friends still on the team.  Discretion is a better choice until this all plays out and this transfer cycle is over.

Respectfully disagree about working anything out with Yuri or any player on the fence.

The hate talk must stop.  I called Yuri a snake for taking fans money for stuff he was selling but the fans could cancel the orders so I was wrong and I regret calling Yuri that.

In my opinion I do not want Yuri or players on the fence to stay on the team because of team chemistry.  It is my belief that the team chemistry last season  had issues and I think paying Yuri to stay would not be good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late for me with Yuri. I actually fear the downstream effect if big donors would come in now and keep Yuri. Should Perkins enter the portal then so that he can get a big payday? Jimerson? I love Yuri but what's done is done. He made his choice and Ford should be spending his time finding his replacement, not waiting to see if Yuri has second thoughts. I actually will root for Yuri elsewhere but to me the bridge is burned at SLU.

20 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

This is a great post. I'm not angry at Yuri, I'm angry at the changing system.

i agree the changing not thought out system is the real problem.   however there is no doubt yuri had some terrible moments the last week or so and has not handled this well.   i agree he is still a kid and we should give him some slack plus as brian and the one have mentioned, it isnt over yet.  

i think it is not fair to lash out at the fanbase that adored yuri.   i have resisted lashing out at him as much as possible concentrating my frustration mostly on this b.s. system that has evolved.  i truly dont blame yuri if the inevitable that seems to be happening happens.   how can we blame the kid for taking the money and running.   i just wish he had handled it better.  

dlarry likes this

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I’d welcome him back with open arms. Tennessee is villain #1 here recruiting a player who wasn’t in the portal. If SLU is rallying a donor or two for a counter serve good for them 

as others have stated, what can of worms does this create?   we have at least three other very desireable players on the roster for next season that some of us think are every bit if not more desireable than yuri.   why would anyone expect they wont do the same?  i am very complexed by the happening of this.   not sure what is the best reaction.   i dont relish May or even the school's higher ups task.   seems cant win scenario to me.  

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

as others have stated, what can of worms does this create?   we have at least three other very desireable players on the roster for next season that some of us think are every bit if not more desireable than yuri.   why would anyone expect they wont do the same?  i am very complexed by the happening of this.   not sure what is the best reaction.   i dont relish May or even the school's higher ups task.   seems cant win scenario to me.  

agree, if yuri is welcomed back do the fans have to come up with huge money to keep perkins and jimerson? how would they feel if yuri gets the dough and they dont? yuri made his decision i personally would not take him back under the circumstances

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

All good points. Remember, the players lose their leverage on May 1st. 

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The can’s open. If Jimerson is worth $200K to another school good for him. It’s clear we’re gonna need to start paying guys something close to their worth on the open market. I don’t imagine any of his teammates would be anything but thrilled Yuri is coming back and landed some extra $$ for his services. Sounds like basic business 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Yuri hasn’t committed elsewhere, yet. There is still some chance  something could be worked out with him. We are recruiting his brother.  We are we recruiting his friends.  We have his friends still on the team.  Discretion is a better choice until this all plays out and this transfer cycle is over.

As far as I’ve seen, he hasn’t even officially entered the portal yet. Only announced his intention to do so

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Dear Lord! Henry, your post sounds like the lamentation of a jilted lover. Yuri should be expected to do what is best for Yuri, and it is up to him to decide what is best for himself, and how to get it. He owes you/us nothing. It is true that he appears to have acted in a devious/dishonorable manner, including not playing in that last NIT game. This does not make him a better person, but that is the world we live in. The answer to your question as to whether or not Yuri was concerned about your/our feelings is a resounding NO. That door has been closed, let's move on. We need to make lemonade now that we have been, once more, served lemons.

AND WE OWE HIM NOTHING EITHER, OLD GUY.....and by the way, Henry's response was to another who said we shouldn't be upset about Yuri's actions...it may be the world we live in, but it doesn't mean that we have to accept or agree with it....

billiken_roy and Old guy like this

1 minute ago, majerus mojo said:

The can’s open. If Jimerson is worth $200K to another school good for him. It’s clear we’re gonna need to start paying guys something close to their worth on the open market. I don’t imagine any of his teammates would be anything but thrilled Yuri is coming back and landed some extra $$ for his services. Sounds like basic business 

Out of reactions but good post. I don’t think anyone on the team will hold it against him. To be honest, him coming back might be better for chemistry because it’s highly likely that guys committed/came back to play with Yuri.

23 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

As far as I’ve seen, he hasn’t even officially entered the portal yet. Only announced his intention to do so

Nah, he’s in there.

57 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I actually will root for Yuri elsewhere but to me the bridge is burned at SLU.

I would have, had he just up and left for more money.

But telling players and coaches one thing, while practically already committed to another school + the clothing line thing was enough for me. 

Yuri will be the very first ex Bill that I will not be rooting for at a different school, and this includes Carteare(!).  It is what it is I guess.

That said I would welcome him back like nothing ever happened. 

Fraz likes this

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Anyone know what other UT hoopsters are making on NIL deals? 

I thought I saw someone say that Ben Fred noted that a few other starters were making like 100k

7 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Just curious, where do you see him in it? VerbalCommits doesn’t have him on the list (but it has Nesbitt going to Hampton, so I know it’s updated): https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2022

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2022

Scroll down and he’s between Malek Green and Devin Collins.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Out of reactions, Good Post. 
There are no reports that Yuri has signed elsewhere. His case appears to still be fluid, or as the late Joe Strauss would say, Developing. 

shempie likes this

-I've waited a while to digest but more on this keeps coming but going to dip my toe

-I think coaches at our level see two bad things in this, one is their players leaving for more $$$ but also the coaches losing $$$ as booster money that previously went to them likely goes to NIL deals for their players, an interesting situation

-before this broke I was told, albeit third hand, Yuri got NIL money while at SLU and this was recent, I guess more in Knoxville, this was from a former player

-Drop the merchandise and enter the portal the next day? tell the staff by text that you are entering the portal? wow, and I realize most of the annoucements go this way but in his message to say he is entering the portal he thanks everyone and then says to his (former?) teammates they are 'locked for life' and the next sentence I will be entering the portal, strikes me as less than sincere

-not playing in the NIT game as waiting for MRI results? I ain't buying this, if our Staff can't get immediate MRI results for a starting bball player we have more issues than we thought

-the post from a few days ago where it was said talks with UTenn 'fell out', I guess that was cash falling out of the briefcase

-this is not possible but I hope UTenn gets the death penalty for tampering

-with all of this, he hasn't signed that I know of so he might not leave

On 4/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, cgeldmacher said:

The more I read about this and consider the timing, the more I think that this decision was driven by his new agent.  Yuri decided to get a draft evaluation.  This allowed him to hire an agent.  I seriously doubt that the NBA evaluation is complete already.  So, this leads me to believe that the new agent was in his head about needing to play for a bigger program.

Yep.  Agents don’t get paid to keep kids in their current situation and not get a cut of $$.

if you look at the portal, historically there is a VERY low rate of kids returning to their schools.  In the past, it’s been a way to feel out of there is a better situation and the player is set on leaving.

The way this was handled by speaking with other teams, there’s too much smoke to deny that happened, and telling the head coach everything is fine and then to tell them you are leaving via text shows it’s pretty much over.  

This started before the agent got involved.  I do believe the agent did not help us, but communication between Yuri and Tennessee started well before entering the draft. Apparently mid winter.