Yuri

Schasz

10 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I get what you're saying, but I still have a tough time criticizing college athletes in the same manner as professionals. Should someone like Fred who works his ass off hosting clinics, private lessons, etc. be held to the same standard as someone who gets $200k handed to them to transfer? 

Yuri is a professional athlete now..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Neither will defending this type of character.  Not only did he scam a bunch of SLU fans he deceived his own coaching staff.  Total loser, glad he’s gone 

Agreed, good riddance.

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

The "making the kid what he is" part implies that Yuri had no involvement in his development which is just false.

You can make a solid argument, Ford letting Yuri have the keys to the palace and recruiting weapons around him the last 3 years has helped him. No doubt he's a gamer, but only time will tell once he chooses where to take his skills.

21 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

You have this partly correct and partly way off base. 

The way he did it seems pretty low. The timing is what it is, but to do so via text seems chicken poo to me. 

The "making the kid what he is" part implies that Yuri had no involvement in his development which is just false.

On this board when they don't develop properly it's 90% bad coaching. When they do develop it's 90% the player

6 minutes ago, TheOne said:

I advise everyone to stop the hate talk. While I understand the unsettling nature of this whole situation, this saga is not over yet. The last thing a player who’s on the fence wants to see is a fan base that is so quick to disown them. 

👀 

9 hours ago, SLU-Geo said:

We know he has a lot of assists, but is the 34th leading scorer in the A10 who is prone to foul trouble and turnovers worth $200,000?   I also know that number is probably fake but it does make my question better.

The real problem may not be what he is really worth, the real problem may be that he might be convinced that he is worth $200,000 or more than that. Let me say this once: you can never ever fulfill inflated or delusional expectations of self worth. The more you give to people with these inflated expectations the more they will demand. I am not saying this applies to Yuri directly only that it may be the case, and that there are others suffering from the kind of self worth delusions I described. Do we really want to bring those into our team? my answer is no.

Think of Willie Reed, he was offered a $5 M multi year contract by the Miami Heat, he said no and went looking for more money as a free agent. Now he is playing foreign leagues. 

billikenbill likes this

8 hours ago, TheOne said:

I advise everyone to stop the hate talk. While I understand the unsettling nature of this whole situation, this saga is not over yet. The last thing a player who’s on the fence wants to see is a fan base that is so quick to disown them. 

Apparently it might be good for someone to get this message to Frank Cusumano as well.

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

On this board when they don't develop properly it's 90% bad coaching. When they do develop it's 90% the player

Gotta give some props to this post. 

8 hours ago, TheOne said:

What part of Yuri told the fan base that he was leaving, was negotiating with Tennessee while telling the coaching staff he was staying, telling Ford he was leaving then in a text, and misleadingly selling merchandise the day before going to the portal did the fan base miss? Does he get a pass on that? Did we miss a sincere apology overnight? Being upset, disappointed, angry with that is not hate talk. And as far as disowning is concerned, seems to me Yuri disowned the fan base.Was he concerned that he hurt our feelings? Loyalty is a two way street. 

47 minutes ago, HenryB said:

What part of Yuri told the fan base that he was leaving, was negotiating with Tennessee while telling the coaching staff he was staying, telling Ford he was leaving then in a text, and misleadingly selling merchandise the day before going to the portal did the fan base miss? Does he get a pass on that? Did we miss a sincere apology overnight? Being upset, disappointed, angry with that is not hate talk. And as far as disowning is concerned, seems to me Yuri disowned the fan base.Was he concerned that he hurt our feelings? Loyalty is a two way street. 

👍👍👍

Dear Lord! Henry, your post sounds like the lamentation of a jilted lover. Yuri should be expected to do what is best for Yuri, and it is up to him to decide what is best for himself, and how to get it. He owes you/us nothing. It is true that he appears to have acted in a devious/dishonorable manner, including not playing in that last NIT game. This does not make him a better person, but that is the world we live in. The answer to your question as to whether or not Yuri was concerned about your/our feelings is a resounding NO. That door has been closed, let's move on. We need to make lemonade now that we have been, once more, served lemons.

52 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Dear Lord! Henry, your post sounds like the lamentation of a jilted lover. Yuri should be expected to do what is best for Yuri, and it is up to him to decide what is best for himself, and how to get it. He owes you/us nothing. It is true that he appears to have acted in a devious/dishonorable manner, including not playing in that last NIT game. This does not make him a better person, but that is the world we live in. The answer to your question as to whether or not Yuri was concerned about your/our feelings is a resounding NO. That door has been closed, let's move on. We need to make lemonade now that we have been, once more, served lemons.

Look, I'm sure Yuri is a very conflicted 21 year old. Has he handled everything to date well- obviously not, but extrapolating that he's some irredeemable jerk is going way too far.  Also, none of us have lived a day in his shoes; something tells me my life has been incredibly cushy compared to his.  I hope that one way or another he gets some money that will make his family's life a little easier. 

48 minutes ago, HenryB said:

I understand those feelings and actually share some of them, but…..,

Yuri hasn’t committed elsewhere, yet. There is still some chance  something could be worked out with him. We are recruiting his brother.  We are we recruiting his friends.  We have his friends still on the team.  Discretion is a better choice until this all plays out and this transfer cycle is over.

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Dear Lord! Henry, your post sounds like the lamentation of a jilted lover. Yuri should be expected to do what is best for Yuri, and it is up to him to decide what is best for himself, and how to get it. He owes you/us nothing. It is true that he appears to have acted in a devious/dishonorable manner, including not playing in that last NIT game. This does not make him a better person, but that is the world we live in. The answer to your question as to whether or not Yuri was concerned about your/our feelings is a resounding NO. That door has been closed, let's move on. We need to make lemonade now that we have been, once more, served 

🙄🙄🙄🙄

13 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

Look, I'm sure Yuri is a very conflicted 21 year old. Has he handled everything to date well- obviously not, but extrapolating that he's some irredeemable jerk is going way too far.  Also, none of us have lived a day in his shoes; something tells me my life has been incredibly cushy compared to his.  I hope that one way or another he gets some money that will make his family's life a little easier. 

No one is arguing that he had the right to chase the money. But suggesting the fan base is the problem is absurd. 

majerus mojo likes this

9 hours ago, TheOne said:

This is a great post. I'm not angry at Yuri, I'm angry at the changing system.