Yuri

Schasz

4 hours ago, SLU-Geo said:

We will be okay.  Yuri may have issues with Assist/TO ratio against better teams in a P5 conference.  He did feast off the bad teams.

Yuri Assist TO.jpg

-wow, this is a story

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

What is their return on investment in donating to fund the salaries of May and Ford?

-if someone is donating to pay Chris May they are an extremely generous soul

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Cusamono, Yuri lied right to Fords face about transfer last week.  Tennessee talks been in place for at least a month.  Texted the coaches about his transfer.

I mean what a total piece of s***

He won’t be able to show his face in STL again lol

6 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Everyone should simply be happy for Yuri. I have felt bad for years that good to great college players would never get paid, and then fail to make it in the pros. It is about time things have started to change.

Getting $200k to start your life is a huge windfall. Hopefully, he saves the money and uses it to build a life. If SLU and it’s fans can’t match, then there is nothing else to say.

i dont have a problem with yuri getting the money, but i think it was classless the way he went about it.

dlarry likes this

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Per Cusamono, Yuri lied right to Fords face about transfer last week.  Tennessee talks been in place for at least a month.  Texted the coaches about his transfer.

He won't have an issue showing his face in STL.  Bitter fan attacks on Yuri don't help the program.

Just now, brianstl said:

He won't have an issue showing his face in STL.  Bitter fan attacks on Yuri don't help the program.

Neither will defending this type of character.  Not only did he scam a bunch of SLU fans he deceived his own coaching staff.  Total loser, glad he’s gone 

4 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Calm down. He did what everyone has done when looking at a new opportunity. No one is honest in those situations. It may be painful to hear this, but these guys get paid now, and have to make decisions on their own. Free agency.

Frank put it best, spent 3 years (not including recruiting) making the kid what he is just for him to lie to the staff and then send a text that he is hitting the portal. Total lack of character. Pretty greasy move. If he would have left at the end of the season I would have had no problems but to do this during crunch time. Gross. He will not be missed. 

Fraz and The Valley Sucks like this

18 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Calm down. He did what everyone has done when looking at a new opportunity. No one is honest in those situations. It may be painful to hear this, but these guys get paid now, and have to make decisions on their own. Free agency.

i would guess there are many that are not liars, to bad you admit to being one

Just now, Young Charles said:

Frank put it best, spent 3 years (not including recruiting) making the kid what he is just for him to lie to the staff and then send a text that he is hitting the portal. Total lack of character. Pretty greasy move. If he would have left at the end of the season I would have had no problems but to do this during crunch time. Gross. He will not be missed. 

I don't know if it is the best idea for coach to use a media surrogate to air out grievances about a former player that has deep ties to the local basketball community.  Smile, take the L and move on.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Guess your fine with slu forever being second tier. Don't think calling him out for how it went down is crazy. Think lying to your head coach for weeks is kinda iffy. But whatever. 

Fraz likes this

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't know if it is the best idea for coach to use a media surrogate to air out grievances about a former player that has deep ties to the local basketball community.  Smile, take the L and move on.

Especially considering we currently have an offer out to his younger brother. 

5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Guess your fine with slu forever being second tier. Don't think calling him out for how it went down is crazy. Think lying to your head coach for weeks is kinda iffy. But whatever. 

Attacking Yuri doesn't make the program not second tier.  Go out and find a point guard to play with a roster that, at least at this point, is still NCAA tourney quality.  Attacking Yuri fixes zero problems.

AGB91 and SLUMedBilliken15 like this

24 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

🎯

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Attacking Yuri doesn't make the program not second tier.  Go out and find a point guard to play with a roster that, at least at this point, is still NCAA tourney quality.  Attacking Yuri fixes zero problems.

You can, in fact, rightfully criticize Yuri while also searching for a suitable replacement.  These things aren’t mutually exclusive 

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I agree but I think billiken fans and basketball team have a right to be a bit upset. Obviously personal digs aren't cool but people are going to call a spade a spade...

JMM28 likes this

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with NIL, the transfer portal, etc.  It completely amazes me that there are people out there willing to fork over money for a player to play for their favorite team.  Like, that's what it boils down to.  Yuri Collins in Knoxville Tennessee "endorsing" something, or whatever for an NIL deal, no matter how much it is, is crazy to me.  I've watched Yuri his whole high school career.  I think he's a nice player.  I'd love to have him on my team.  I wouldn't pay $200,000, or anything really, to have him play at my school, regardless of how much money I had.

5 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Like someone said, they aren’t kids. They lost that privilege when NIL came along. Wanna get paid, fine, but the criticisms, fairly or not, will come with the territory. Don’t like it ? Then go to the G League or overseas. Welcome to the real world.

I get what you're saying, but I still have a tough time criticizing college athletes in the same manner as professionals. Should someone like Fred who works his ass off hosting clinics, private lessons, etc. be held to the same standard as someone who gets $200k handed to them to transfer? 

54 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

You have this partly correct and partly way off base. 

The way he did it seems pretty low. The timing is what it is, but to do so via text seems chicken poo to me. 

The "making the kid what he is" part implies that Yuri had no involvement in his development which is just false.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this