Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DOC said:

So we all knew, but SLU did not? What did Ross say about the family getting involved in NLI?

Pete or Zach can probably give a better summary because I was in and out.  Part of what I heard made it sound like he was upset with the Athletic Department with turning away a person that wanted to get involved with NIL.  I didn’t hear all of that discussion and might have missed something that gave more context.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Pete or Zach can probably give a better summary because I was in and out.  Part of what I heard made it sound like he was upset with the Athletic Department with turning away a person that wanted to get involved with NIL.  I didn’t hear all of that discussion and might have missed something that gave more context.

Was there most of the time and the people talking went into four camps: tampering on part of some school (UT), he wanted money, two guys claimed that Ford wasn’t giving him the green light, Yuri somehow thinks this makes his case to the NBA look better if he goes P5, and the rest were just guessing more or less.

Just now, Fan Guy said:

Was there most of the time and the people talking went into four camps: tampering on part of some school (UT), he wanted money, two guys claimed that Ford wasn’t giving him the green light, Yuri somehow thinks this makes his case to the NBA look better if he goes P5, and the rest were just guessing more or less.

I was referring to what Ross said about NIL and SLU.  He was upset at the athletic department for turning someone away who wanted to get involved with NIL.

JMM28 likes this

17 minutes ago, DOC said:

So we all knew, but SLU did not? What did Ross say about the family getting involved in NLI?

He said “the universities involved in these rumors would get in a lot of trouble [tampering] and that NIL conversations are escalating rapidly at SLU [and have been ongoing].”

Little rant: our donors, for the most part, are self-made and have a great sense of what’s best for their interests (slu) AND their pockets. Dr. C probably wouldn’t just pony up 200k (even just a drop in the bucket) without tax incentives, guarantees, contracts, etc. The fact of the matter is Tennessee and many big schools have old money and dudes that don’t know what went into their grandpa’s fortune from oil, railroads, timber, etc. and are cool with just throwing stuff around. Also, given there are no contracts and guarantees, will Yuri actually see all 200k (probably not if he somehow struggles in the SEC)? The rumors out of UNC are their returning starters we’re given $100k each to stay at the school. No way Yuri’s market value is twice that of a starter on a National runner up, so not getting into that pissing war was smart financially. 

Matty Light likes this

It seems like the AD just kind of didn't return calls for a while and eventually said that they should reach out to the players directly, then the players could take it from there. I know the players have been trained on this stuff and I'm pretty sure they have to run opportunities by their AD's internal people to make sure they're in compliance but it seems like a lot to put on them.

As for when YC told the coaching staff, that was the subject of debate on the show among people who signed on and spoke. I had heard early on that he sprung this on them today. Now there are rumors he told them up to a week ago.

We were on for almost three hours and it was a whirlwind. I'm honestly at the point now where I just want to let it play out and go over the details once they're in the open, because just about every aspect of this has been disputed - when, where, why, how much, etc.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

It seems like the AD just kind of didn't return calls for a while and eventually said that they should reach out to the players directly, then the players could take it from there. I know the players have been trained on this stuff and I'm pretty sure they have to run opportunities by their AD's internal people to make sure they're in compliance but it seems like a lot to put on them.

As for when YC told the coaching staff, that was the subject of debate on the show among people who signed on and spoke. I had heard early on that he sprung this on them today. Now there are rumors he told them up to a week ago.

We were on for almost three hours and it was a whirlwind. I'm honestly at the point now where I just want to let it play out and go over the details once they're in the open, because just about every aspect of this has been disputed - when, where, why, how much, etc.

For what it's worth, Roby was retweeting Yuri's brand links up until yesterday. Maybe he was doing Yuri a solid, but it could also be true that the staff had no clue. 

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It was an awful reason to have a show, but it was a great show with Ross and Tramaine coming on plus Earl and Nesbitt listening in.  Would have been interesting if Nesbitt would have joined the conversation.

1 minute ago, Bizziken said:

For what it's worth, Roby was retweeting Yuri's brand links up until yesterday. Maybe he was doing Yuri a solid, but it could also be true that the staff had no clue. 

Tyler Coleman's exchange with Ross made it sound like maybe not every member of the staff is being clued in to things. Found that interesting, but also concerning if there's truth to it.

Bizziken likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It was an awful reason to have a show, but it was a great show with Ross and Tramaine coming on plus Earl and Nesbitt listening in.  Would have been interesting is Nesbitt would have joined the conversation.

It was quite a wild ride - some regular posters here chimed in, Tramaine Isabell, Ross Chaifetz, Tyler Coleman, and several others. I was really hoping Nesbitt would talk, that would've been crazy. Earl said he tried but had tech problems. I saw a lot of other recognizable names, too - baseball and soccer players, some coaches from other sports, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what the last comment was all about and whether he was sincere (in which case I feel bad about my response) or a troll (in which case I'm not).

First time we'd done Twitter spaces (clearly). We decided to do it about 5 minutes before we opened it up, had some trouble getting it going, had no notes or any preparation whatsoever, and had no idea what direction it would take. And now it already looks like it'll be the most listened-to thing we've ever done.

Here's a link if anyone is still interested.

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Tyler Coleman's exchange with Ross made it sound like maybe not every member of the staff is being clued in to things. Found that interesting, but also concerning if there's truth to it.

If true...yuck

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

It was quite a wild ride - some regular posters here chimed in, Tramaine Isabell, Ross Chaifetz, Tyler Coleman, and several others. I was really hoping Nesbitt would talk, that would've been crazy. Earl said he tried but had tech problems. I saw a lot of other recognizable names, too - baseball and soccer players, some coaches from other sports, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what the last comment was all about and whether he was sincere (in which case I feel bad about my response) or a troll (in which case I'm not).

First time we'd done Twitter spaces (clearly). We decided to do it about 5 minutes before we opened it up, had some trouble getting it going, had no notes or any preparation whatsoever, and had no idea what direction it would take. And now it already looks like it'll be the most listened-to thing we've ever done.

Here's a link if anyone is still interested.

After looking at the dude’s feed, he was joking around.

Pistol likes this

Just now, brianstl said:

After looking at the dude’s feed, he was joking around.

Thanks, I meant to go and look but was making dinner at the time. Quite a performance.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Just my opinion, but I think it was more of a semantic debate than a factual debate. I know that Tyler's source is Tate and my guess is that the staff member Ross talks is Forte. Tate likely was having conversations with Yuri and/or Yuri's circle that Forte was not. The staff may have been "blindsided" in that they did not officially know until today, but anyone who was close with Yuri's circle during this time could not have possibly been shocked by the news.

7 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I don't like this new college basketball world. Not too far from College basketball going the way of the NFL for me. I'm not interested in following a player for a couple of years just to have him transfer away. 

My biggest concern is the manner in which Collins handled this entire process.  I have been a season ticket holder for many years, although I stayed away from most games this last year for personal reasons, but this is not a kneejerk reaction since I have watched this transfer portal process carefully.  I am no longer going to spend the dollars for season tickets, parking, refreshments and a basic Billikens Club membership.  While I am sorry that this will affect the team I have followed all these years, college basketball  is no longer something that I want to support.

This Board has a few posters who always speak positively about the no-sitout-transfer policy the NCAA adopted.  Well, I hope they are all happy because this is what it has come to.  There just aren't enough Goodwins, Frenchs and Perkins'  to honor their commitments to their school and teammates.  I hope Coach Ford is able to get a capable PG for next season so that Javonte can leave with a NCAA appearance on his resume.

slufanskip and drkelsey55 like this