Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I don’t think I’ve actively cheered for a player to fail but this might be the first time.  I want Yuri to be an example of what happens when you leave a good situation at a high mid major and fail at a P5.  Maybe I’m just salty about being scammed for 44 dollars for a Gildan sweatshirt.  

I said exactly this to some friends and family that closely follow the team. I don’t have anything against Yuri as a person, but as a Billiken fan, you have to root for him to fail now. And that really sucks. But if he struggles and gets relegated to the bench in favor of the next 4 or 5 star, our next all-conference player might think twice before leaving for “greener pastures”. 

Eadsbee likes this

31 minutes ago, Scoop said:

I’ve never dogged a student athlete because I considered them kids. The landscape of college sports now is changed. Cudos to those who value an education but unfortunately it is all about money. That being said, I have no problem rooting against a player who leaves a team high and dry that has put so much time and effort to support and develop them.  Now that they are getting paid they have to take the heat of being an adult and except the criticism. I will not be rooting for Mr. Collins.

Perfectly said my feelings exactly.

Excellent post.

Yuri left the team high and dry.

The only way I cheer for Yuri is if he gives the SLU fans money back who want it otherwise he is a snake.

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I don’t think I’ve actively cheered for a player to fail but this might be the first time.  I want Yuri to be an example of what happens when you leave a good situation at a high mid major and fail at a P5.  Maybe I’m just salty about being scammed for 44 dollars for a Gildan sweatshirt.  

In, it’s a complete horsesh!t move.

1 minute ago, hmart23 said:

Yeah, that’s been the open secret for a bit now. They’ve had that on the UT boards for a couple weeks. Not just fan stuff, but also their “insider” - their equivalent to Gabe DeArmond for Mizzou. 

interesting that that has been worked out for weeks, but he only entered the portal today. Interesting indeed…. 

Just checked ESPN site for their news items, Lots of Portal talk but nothing about the nation’s leading assist leader leaving SLU. Not real big news except for here. By the way the Iowa St PG was mentioned, He only averaged 23 ppg a game last season. Now that’s eye opening. 

7 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

RK wouldn’t be my go to source on local college basketball coverage, but I guess this kinda makes sense.  Although, talking about a player leaving SLU to join another school in the SEC (not Mizzou) as being a good thing for Mizzou is a very typical type of hubris from MIZ fans lol

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Wrong again troll labs! It's about the cashhhhhhhh.

Keep going though it's entertaining lol

Who gets the blame for SLU not being ready to play at all in the NIL game? May? Ford?  People at the university have to avoid their direct involvement in transactions, but someone should have something to boosters off the record about starting something.

Bizziken and slufan13 like this

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya I'm trying not to be so salty about it but the more I think about it the more it pisses me off. I'd say that 200 bucks (I love hoodies) means more coming from my broke self as someone who's followed him and cheered him on since he was in high school compared to the 200k from some millionaires. I'm going to stop posting for a while though. I'm getting toxic lol

And honestly screw some of y'all in the know for not giving us a warning and maybe telling us to wait a few days when people were talking about buying his stuff lol

Yea, and my email inbox immediately started receiving more spam messages than ever a few hours after I bought the shirt off the website.

I think he sold all our email addresses too! 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

RK wouldn’t be my go to source on local college basketball coverage, but I guess this kinda makes sense.  Although, talking about a player leaving SLU to join another school in the SEC (not Mizzou) as being a good thing for Mizzou is a very typical type of hubris from MIZ fans lol

2 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

How is this a swing towards Mizzou? Lol they are full rebuild. 

17 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I said exactly this to some friends and family that closely follow the team. I don’t have anything against Yuri as a person, but as a Billiken fan, you have to root for him to fail now. And that really sucks. But if he struggles and gets relegated to the bench in favor of the next 4 or 5 star, our next all-conference player might think twice before leaving for “greener pastures”. 

This is not good for college basketball or college sports in general, in my opinion.  And Karraker doesn't really follow college sports, so I'm not sure where he's coming from with the Mizzou angle, although if you are discussing one local program they seem to have to mention the other for clicks and views.  Jeff Gordon somehow earns a paycheck and he's been doing it for years. 

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Local fans cobbling together 40K isn't gonna change anything.

We got multiple billionaires donating to the program.  SLU can get a serious NIL program going, but my guess is that people at SLU trying to protect their turf and control over money is part of the problem.  Money that goes to NIL is money not there to pay coaches and people in the athletic department.

Just now, slufanskip said:

We might have money but SLU doesn’t have the money big state schools do. 

SLU doesn’t have a football team either. Restrain spending on the money needed to fund paying coaches and the AD, direct those donors to fund NIL deals instead.  Pay your coach whoever it is only $1.5 million instead of $2.5 million and you would have a million just from that donors could put into NIL deals.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

SLU doesn’t have a football team either. Restrain spending on the money needed to fund paying coaches and the AD, direct those donors to fund NIL deals instead.  Pay your coach whoever it is only $1.5 million instead of $2.5 million and you would have a million just from that donors could put into NIL deals.

Coaches have contracts.  You can't just wake up one day and slash them by a million dollars.

I’m pretty good at basic Math. You’re fooling yourself. If SLU was offering Yuri 200k and Tennessee wanted him their offer would be $300 or $400k. It’s a bidding war SLU can’t win. The big time state schools have more money due to football not less. 

SLU if not already, will soon be a farm team for the big boys