• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

This isn’t getting enough attention imo. Gotta be a direct shot at Ford

1 minute ago, billikens747 said:

20220418_135321.jpg

Thanks 747

I would say that is just as likely a shot at Yuri as it is a shot at Ford.

Just now, dlarry said:

Thanks 747

I would say that is just as likely a shot at Yuri as it is a shot at Ford.

I was just thinking today that Rashad Williams, and his lack of playing time was a social cancer on the team. He was always talking to the younger guys. Especially Nesbitt. Probably bad mouthing the coaches. Telling the players that they would never play. Huge mistake bringing him in at all.

billiken_roy likes this

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't like this new college basketball world. Not too far from College basketball going the way of the NFL for me. I'm not interested in following a player for a couple of years just to have him transfer away. 

Yes but it’s hard to argue it’s not in the best interest of the student-athletes 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Hell if he didn’t.  You think he dropped it a day before he left for just a happy coincidence?  It was a last gasp money grab from SLU fans.

You bought clothes from a store. Did that store steal your money? No. If you bought it because you liked it then it’s all good and you have a great new outfit to wear to the park. If you bought it as a way to bribe a guy to keep playing for your team but it didn’t work….then I guess that’s on you. It’s all a game now and players are gunna maximize their earning potential any way possible. 

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, BJK said:

You bought clothes from a store. Did that store steal your money? No. If you bought it because you liked it then it’s all good and you have a great new outfit to wear to the park. If you bought it as a way to bribe a guy to keep playing for your team but it didn’t work….then I guess that’s on you. It’s all a game now and players are gunna maximize their earning potential any way possible. 

There’s ethics in any business.  What he did was not right 

Just now, Fraz said:

Yes but it’s hard to argue it’s not in the best interest of the student-athletes 

Selfishly, I care about my entertainment worth.

What is evolving is non P5 teams will field a new team pretty much every year.   The chances of fielding a sweet 16 team with a nearly complete roster turnover every year is not very good.   

2 minutes ago, BJK said:

Bought it to support Yuri as a slu player. Thinking he would continue to be a slu player. The following day he decides he no longer is a slu player. I can not get my money back. I'll keep the stuff but won't wear it. 

It's definitely on me. No one ever said it wasn't. But he made a lot of haters by doing it this way. Could of said he was transferring from the jump and would of had no issues and just not supported his brand. 

BJK, Bizziken and Crewsorlose like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

Selfishly, I care about my entertainment worth.

What is evolving is non P5 teams will field a new team pretty much every year.   The chances of fielding a sweet 16 team with a nearly complete roster turnover every year is not very good.   

At this point, I think maybe we should have had the UNLV network going...

Just kidding, but I feel probably the way most SLU fans on here feel. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Bought it to support Yuri as a slu player. Thinking he would continue to be a slu player. The following day he decides he no longer is a slu player. I can not get my money back. I'll keep the stuff but won't wear it. 

It's definitely on me. No one ever said it wasn't. But he made a lot of haters by doing it this way. Could of said he was transferring from the jump. 

Car wash rag

10 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't like this new college basketball world. Not too far from College basketball going the way of the NFL for me. I'm not interested in following a player for a couple of years just to have him transfer away. 

Program's 108 years old. Players have come and gone but it remains in place. Root for laundry !

This one hurts. The man could’ve been a SLU legend and instead he’s just another guy who used to play for us. I know I won’t consider him a Billiken.  If he thinks any fans of whatever P5 he goes to will even remember his name in ten years, he’s delusional. 

NIL and college free agency has ruined college hoops for me.  How is any 18-22 year old supposed to realistically turn down six figure NIL deals?  The four-year player is now a critically endangered species. 

I’ll still go to games and support the guys who actually want to be Billikens, but I’ll definitely be taking a step back overall.  Not worth being a die hard fan in a game where loyalty no longer exists.