Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

what are the chances someone during the NBA evaluation process said to play up a level.

I would personally think that it is more of a "hey we've got 50k to come here for a year and play at a P6 program" NIL deal that got floated out there. 

bauman likes this

Just now, JMM28 said:

I would personally think that it is more of a "hey we've got 50k to come here for a year and play at a P6 program" NIL deal that got floated out there. 

maybe.  One thing is for sure, no one said "hey make a lateral move for next year". 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

maybe.  One thing is for sure, no one said "hey make a lateral move for next year". 

Absolutely. 

SLU needs a few of their bigger/most committed boosters to put together an NIL collective. This isn't going away. 

stmdragons likes this

Let's see if Ford can find a pass first PG in the portal.  We have plenty of scorers with Gibson, Perkins, Parker, Okoro, etc.

We'd be in a worse situation if Yuri got hurt during next season.

We still have a ton of talent.  Yuri took his game to another level this past season.  Hopeful Ford will find someone who will do the same.

Just now, Dr Bird said:

Let's see if Ford can find a pass first PG in the portal.  We have plenty of scorers with Gibson, Perkins, Parker, Okoro, etc.

We'd be in a worse situation if Yuri got hurt during next season.

We still have a ton of talent.  Yuri took his game to another level this past season.  Hopeful Ford will find someone who will do the same.

I think all bets are off 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

sounds like Yuri was scared of what Thames was bringing in next year. cant blame him.

You think the Tennessee rumors started magically over night when he announced he was testing the draft?  That stuff was happening before that.  

Just now, brianstl said:

You think the Tennessee rumors started magically over night when he announced he was testing the draft?  That stuff was happening before that.  

then why wouldn't he say he's going into nba evaluation and transferring like most kids with that thought say. 

Lol looking forward to seeing all those people line up to apologize to the OP for roasting him for simply passing on something he saw.  Will any of you step up? Now those same people will roast him for just trying to cash in.  Stay classy fellas.

Sad to see him transfer but as one of the leading assist guys in the nation you knew some big time school was going to offer him a large NIL check.

Welcome to the new world and wild Wild West! 

1 minute ago, Lando Griffin said:

Lol looking forward to seeing all those people line up to apologize to the OP for roasting him for simply passing on something he saw.  Will any of you step up? Now those same people will roast him for just trying to cash in.  Stay classy fellas.

Sad to see him transfer but as one of the leading assist guys in the nation you knew some big time school was going to offer him a large NIL check.

Get lost dude 

bauman, CBFan, Fraz and 1 other like this

Go post on the Loyola message board, not the message board of your second favorite A10 team

5 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Absolutely. 

SLU needs a few of their bigger/most committed boosters to put together an NIL collective. This isn't going away. 

SLU and many program's are honestly using way too much of booster money to pay the head coach.  In the current environment it makes more sense for boosters to direct much of that money to NIL instead.

Went at schasz cause of the shittt he said on the Tennessee board. I didn't care he posted it here. Anybody who looks at slu as a little brother is gonna get shittt from me. 

But ya definitely feel like an idiot. Pretty stunned fr. Going to take a break from the billiken fandom for a minute. 

Right after he dropped the merch. F you Yuri lol

Any apology is not needed. I have been a fan of the Bills long before I even knew my wife who is the VFL. Heck I did not meet her until I was beyond my mid 20's. I thought because my first love was to my SLU Alma Mater it was good to give folks on this website a heads up. Frankly, the reaction after I did startled me. I've been a regular since the days when David Nark ran Billikens.com. Don't recognize many of the current folks from those days. I became a fan when John Bennington was HC back in the 50's probably before some of you were in diapers. I've seen some horrible basketball and some good basketball. I still remember very fondly driving most of the night to get to Wichita, KS with my wife and daughter to see the Bills play MD in the Big Dance. It was their first NCAA bid in what seems like decades. Never was I more proud to be a life long Bills fan that day, and I had tears in my eyes when they played the Anthem. I've seen good HC's really like Spoon and got to know him a bit. No doubt I have huge respect for the job Hall of Famer Rick Majerus did for the Bills in his brief time. Hope we can find someone close to as good as a HC as he was.

It's bitter sweet for me to see Yuri make this decision, but as I stated before it is his decision and only he knows what went into his decision. Thanks Yuri of the great plays you made as a Billiken player. If the Vols played SLU I'd be rooting for SLU; however, I will root for Yuri if he does decide to attend UT. Their athletic facilities at UT that I've seen are 2nd to none. Really think their new AD White has all programs there headed in the right direction.