Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NBA Scouts evaluate a player on whether his skills, physical make up, attitude, and athleticism he possesses meet NBA standards. They know what works in the NBA. They don’t really care where he played. Plus, after you get by the top 25 players in college the next 75 or so are probably too close to call. 

55 minutes ago, slu72 said:

NBA Scouts evaluate a player on whether his skills, physical make up, attitude, and athleticism he possesses meet NBA standards. They know what works in the NBA. They don’t really care where he played. Plus, after you get by the top 25 players in college the next 75 or so are probably too close to call. 

There are only 60 basketball players drafted each year. About 10 to 12 are foreign or from one of the G League teams catering to HS. So that leaves 45 to 50 college players that are drafted. The rest have to take the harder road to prove themself in a foreign league or if lucky thru the G League. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Plus, after you get by the top 25 players in college the next 75 or so are probably too close to call. 

probably a lesser number than 25.  

8 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I think it is kind of crazy how offended many on this board get that 1-2 people marked a post as a troll. 

A post that spread an unsubstantiated rumor that our star point guard would be transferring when he isn't even in the transfer portal. I get it that he is just reporting what he read on the other message board. But to me, spreading that rumor is the definition of a troll post. 

But that isn’t what he posted. And really who got crazy offended?

Whats crazy to me is people who exaggerate to make a point 

Schaz, I assume no one has told you this, and if you haven't been told it is time you hear it. In this board someone will call you a troll for whatever reason they may have, whether valid or invalid. Having a post receiving the troll notification means absolutely nothing. The best way to handle this is to place whoever called you a troll into your ignore list and just handle anything they say as if nothing had ever been uttered. Their notification is not to be taken as a reaction about your post, it merely reflects the fact that whatever you said disturbs their thoughts in some way or the other. Just ignore them, let them talk to the wall.

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

and I don't think any of us are concerned about whether Dr. Thatch will be returning.

He's gonna be spending most of the off-season preparing for those soon-to-be initials behind his name 💪

The Tennessee board has to be one of the most delusional sites I've ever been to. Two of the posters were making bets on how many Points/Assists he was going to average for them next season. And when someone else brought up the fact that our fans don't think that he's going anywhere, it was "wishful thinking."

5 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

The Tennessee board has to be one of the most delusional sites I've ever been to. Two of the posters were making bets on how many Points/Assists he was going to average for them next season. And when someone else brought up the fact that our fans don't think that he's going anywhere, it was "wishful thinking."

Yea they have moved into the portion of the discussion where they dump our program -

"St. Louis has fans?"

"They had zero clue Nesbitt was leaving until he announced today too." 

This.. seems like a stretch? The Yuri family has been following UT closely?

image.thumb.png.b6d62f76d99e0bc4e467847279b3bb73.png

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tennessee-vols-basketball-recruiting.302331/page-328

11 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Yea they have moved into the portion of the discussion where they dump our program -

"St. Louis has fans?"

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tennessee-vols-basketball-recruiting.302331/page-328

We all knew Nesbitt was most likely gone. And wishful thinking? Our beat writer literally dispelled the rumors. 

I've officially been on both sides of this now. My newborn was up for a couple hours last night, so I spent it on the Vols boards like any normal human being would. It seems like there is some real smoke there just because there are some who are really sure of it, but I know that rumors can spread like wildfire on a board and through a fanbase that don't necessarily carry any value. I haven't been deep in the opposing message board world in a few years (I have hobbies outdoors, unlike some of these guys apparently), so I'm not sure how valid anything is anymore.

I guess it just depends - does he want to play on a top 20 team in his hometown with the players to make a run, or underwhelm expectations and lose on the first weekend like Tennessee always seems to do?

Also, looking it up - since 2012 (yes I cherrypicked a year, but based on how UT fans are speaking about us, it shouldn't matter as their program is so much bigger and better, just ask them)

SLU tournament berths: 4

Tennessee tournament berths: 5

Just thought this was interesting is all

4 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I've officially been on both sides of this now. My newborn was up for a couple hours last night, so I spent it on the Vols boards like any normal human being would. It seems like there is some real smoke there just because there are some who are really sure of it, but I know that rumors can spread like wildfire on a board and through a fanbase that don't necessarily carry any value. I haven't been deep in the opposing message board world in a few years (I have hobbies outdoors, unlike some of these guys apparently), so I'm not sure how valid anything is anymore.

I guess it just depends - does he want to play on a top 20 team in his hometown with the players to make a run, or underwhelm expectations and lose on the first weekend like Tennessee always seems to do?

Also, looking it up - since 2012 (yes I cherrypicked a year, but based on how UT fans are speaking about us, it shouldn't matter as their program is so much bigger and better, just ask them)

SLU tournament berths: 4

Tennessee tournament berths: 5

Just thought this was interesting is all

There's zero smoke....

HenryB and SLUMedBilliken15 like this

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

"St. Louis has fans?"

Thank you for sharing the link. @Schasz's posts on Vol Nation makes it pretty clear where his/her loyalties lie. 

16 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

About Tennessee or the possibility of transferring 🤔

🤔 So says the guy who seemed to tease that Perkins wasn't coming back, when most close to the program correctly thought it likely he would return.

20 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Thank you for sharing the link. @Schasz's posts on Vol Nation makes it pretty clear where his/her loyalties lie. 

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We have a number of valuable contributors to the board.  Just keep in mind that some of them have divided allegiances and you won't be disappointed.

image.thumb.png.3bc0067e9f0a6e519e9a52247f6f3f0d.png

image.thumb.png.43e001a414d7eae586d18169eb720d35.png

This guy stinks out loud (whoever he is)