Final 4 Observation

willie

3 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Two things can be true at the same time, right? Both happened last night. 
Self had a win-one-for-the-Gipper halftime speech and Carolina couldn’t match the body blows. Kansas looked like they spend a little too much time at Pat O’Briens Saturday night in the first half. They entered the second like a hurricane. Self is a crook, but Lord he can coach. 

Reading the articles today, apparently it was McCormack who had the positive attitude at half time that pointed the team in the right direction.

I was kind of jealous of their half time adjustments.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Truth. I’d say we should turn Conklin Summers into McCormick Summers. That guy is a beast. Great touch underneath and defensively his presence in the lane made Carolina alter shots or kick back for a lower percentage attempt. We have no one like him even on our radar. 

McCormack was a McDonald's All-American for a reason.  The blue bloods have these kind of players coming off the bench as underclassmen.  It's surprising that a blue blood doesn't win the championship every year.

I thought Kansas played way too fast in the first half, pushing quick shots, missing bunnies.  Bacot was obviously playing on one bad leg.  Manek made his three threes and Davis was scoring while Bacot was rebounding.  Johnson off the bench can not be overlooked.  That was gravy.  At halftime, Sir Charles had the answer --- the Kansas guards had to step it up and make shots.  Agbaji made his first shot a three, then went silent.  Wilson missed three easy ones.  Braun was a non-factor.  Dajuan Harris brought back fond memories of Dwayne Polk and Yuri Collins' freshman year.  He has no shot.  Plus the bonehead play to end the second half --- he stepped out of bounds --- not once but TWICE.  Why wouldn't you give that to your All-American or at least the preseason conference POY?  

I think while Kansas came back, UNC ran out of steam.  That's not a choke but attrition was catching up.  Manek took two or three serious head shots in the game.  Bacot was limited and then did the ankle again and left for good.  Love turned his ankle all by himself and was limited some as well.  The real star for UNC was Johnson and his 11 points.  Kept them in the game.  Carolina was really a four man team and that expired in the second half.  

I understand Dayton fans will have a banner hanging ceremony to commemorate their great feat early next year.  Right next to four more banners signifying four more NCAA tournament games played at Dayton.  Right next to the banners noting the losses there to Lipscomb, UMASS-Lowell and Austin Peay.