Final 4 Observation

willie

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Man the refs simply swallowed their whistles, for both sides. I don’t know if that is the right thing to do, changing how the game is called in the Final Four. 

Hockey does it in the playoffs - not saying it is right just that it is not that unusual. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

Caleb Love is going to look even better in Billiken blue next season.

ill be surprised if he doesnt enter the draft.   this tournament was his audition

Lando Griffin and brianstl like this

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

Caleb Love is going to look even better in Billiken blue next season.

I'd love to know who made up that silly rumor. Probably the same person that said Yuri was going to transfer.

brianstl likes this

In watching the Carolina/Duke game, the physicality in the paint was downright amazing and brutal.  I thought Banchero, John and Williams all could have fouled out in the first half.  Ditto Bacot and Manek.  Watching that display, I couldn't help but think who we'd throw into that meat grinder if we had the chance.  Sure Franco and Linssen but Traore and Lorentsson would likely lose body parts.  That was some high-level college basketball.

I had one pool left, Duke minus 4.  Dead.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

UNC starts a front court of 6’8, 6’9”, and 6’10. KU starts a front court of 6’7”, 6’7”, and 6’10”. We’d be creamed inside. We need to find a 6’8” guy to start with Okoro. 

Tonight’s game best enjoyed on mute with the speed of the modern game really passing Raftery by in real time. 

14 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Tonight’s game best enjoyed on mute with the speed of the modern game really passing Raftery by in real time. 

He was unbearable in the Duke UNC game. Blatantly rooting for Duke wasn’t even the worst part of his call either. Bill has most definitely jumped the shark. 

thatskablamo and HoosierPal like this

5 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

He was unbearable in the Duke UNC game. Blatantly rooting for Duke wasn’t even the worst part of his call either. Bill has most definitely jumped the shark. 

He’s recycling the Justin Love quotes from 22 years ago…at least he recycles. Missing Billy Packer and his Wake Forest anecdotes. 

7 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Love had quite a few atrocious shooting games throughout the season.  That's why he's only shooting 38% from the field.  Too bad he had another one tonight.

5-24 FG, 1-8, 3pt, 2-2 FT, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 TO’s.

That is a bad night.

He had been playing well but at some point when your shooting under 30 percent stop shooting and help your team in other ways.

30 minutes ago, CBFan said:

5-24 FG, 1-8, 3pt, 2-2 FT, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 TO’s.

That is a bad night.

He had been playing well but at some point when your shooting under 30 percent stop shooting and help your team in other ways.

Absolutely.  Until he figures that out, he's just another talented gunner.

27 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Final Four observation..... we are light years away from losing to these teams by singles digits

Truth. I’d say we should turn Conklin Summers into McCormick Summers. That guy is a beast. Great touch underneath and defensively his presence in the lane made Carolina alter shots or kick back for a lower percentage attempt. We have no one like him even on our radar. 

sorry i missed the rarely and lightly punished all time cheaters championship game.  onto MLB and billiken hopes for this fall.  

thatskablamo and dennis_w like this

15 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Truth. I’d say we should turn Conklin Summers into McCormick Summers. That guy is a beast. Great touch underneath and defensively his presence in the lane made Carolina alter shots or kick back for a lower percentage attempt. We have no one like him even on our radar. 

McCormack is so hard to defend underneath. His release is so high it's nearly impossible to get a hand on it, and his foot work. He is truley a specimen.

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Take your pick, either the biggest choke  job in NCAA Title game history or the biggest comeback in NCAA Title game history. 
I’ll go with comeback. 

And for me McCormack was the MVP. Agree with @thatskablamo, the kid was a game changer. 

Two things can be true at the same time, right? Both happened last night. 
Self had a win-one-for-the-Gipper halftime speech and Carolina couldn’t match the body blows. Kansas looked like they spend a little too much time at Pat O’Briens Saturday night in the first half. They entered the second like a hurricane. Self is a crook, but Lord he can coach.