Traore in portal

SLU_Nick

Just now, Bilzz said:

I think this is a really good illustration that absent a clear understanding with a high school recruit, you have to assume that roster spots 10-13 are going to bolt after every season. Players are either going to have to be in your rotation or they're going to leave. 

You mean spots 8 -. 13 with the Billikens

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I think this is a really good illustration that absent a clear understanding with a high school recruit, you have to assume that roster spots 10-13 are going to bolt after every season. Players are either going to have to be in your rotation or they're going to leave. I thought Traore was much more raw than most on this board, but I did think he may have been serviceable by the time he was an upper classman. Just going to have to modify views of roster construction moving forward. 

Smart man.  I was expecting Traore to split after next season because he's in the 10-13 zone.  But when you think about the freedom of movement afforded by free agency, why even wait two seasons?

Just now, Franchise_08 said:

There must be a big coming in over Traore…Bradford?

i think the question anyone wanting to put themselves in this position have to ask knowing ford's want to play his starters all 30+ mpg, are you willing to possibly play 10 or less minutes per game?    do you think bradford wants to come home that badly?

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think the question anyone wanting to put themselves in this position have to ask knowing ford's want to play his starters all 30+ mpg, are you willing to possibly play 10 or less minutes per game?    do you think bradford wants to come home that badly?

You're talking about Ford like he handles his roster like Mark Schmidt.

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

🤔 for those that watched Brazille at Mizzou ....could he start alongside Okoro?

its likely he's headed towards the state of North Carolina.  

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-good look Lassina, wishing you all the best and that it would have worked at SLU

-I think the kid has potential, hope he maximizes it

Likewise.

It is disappointing. Looked like a really good person, and a raw talent. Always fun to watch a player turn a corner and jump in level of play, and I had a gut feeling Traore would do that. Most likely, if that happens, it will be in a low level conference. I assume he is transferring for 2 reasons: 1) playing time, and 2) because he wants to develop in a different direction than the coaching staff wants (such as into a PF). Neither of those were going to happen if we bringing in another big, especially if it is someone who can be a PF/C. Good luck to him!!!

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, wgstl said:

This is not towards Broy, but I'm shocked to see the reaction of Nesbitt leaving on this board. He's one of the best freshman we've ever had certainly in the last 20 years

With the highest ceiling

it is a genuine version of “we stopped recruiting him anyway”

slufanskip and SLU_Lax like this

McNeese State’s 7’1 center Brendan Medley-Bacon in the portal. Averaged 9.7/6.2, shooting 56% from the floor and 71% from the line. Would be a grad transfer.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

You're talking about Ford like he handles his roster like Mark Schmidt.

not quite that bad.   but approaching it.   very disappointing to me considering the athletes on the roster imo.   

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This is not towards Broy, but I'm shocked to see the reaction of Nesbitt leaving on this board. He's one of the best freshman we've ever had certainly in the last 20 years

It seems that emotional wildcards are not well regarded among a number of fans. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it doesn't have other undertones to it.

stmdragons likes this

13 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

McNeese State’s 7’1 center Brendan Medley-Bacon in the portal. Averaged 9.7/6.2, shooting 56% from the floor and 71% from the line. Would be a grad transfer.

How many schools is this? He didn't do anything at VCU. 

Edit: Looking for his 4th school

Fraz likes this