Traore in portal

SLU_Nick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If free agency would have existed 30 years ago, there would not have been "loyalty" then either.  That's what free agency does.

My uncle once said if there was free agency and the money there is now days in baseball back during stan musials time. Musial would have ended up being a Yankee or dodger

1 hour ago, gister said:

I thought I read that the ability to transfer without sitting out could only be used one time.

That's my understanding too. A second transfer would require sitting out a year. I'm guessing the way things are going, that that will soon be eliminated too.

11 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

traore would be doing his jig around the likes of austin gillman every practice as he dominated him rebounding, scoring and defensively.   gillman would be crying and asking to go back to econ class. gillman was no traore.   

I agree Roy, I was just saying that Traore will be just another player who has come and gone and a name forgotten similar to Gillman.

billikenfan05 likes this

On 3/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, billiken_roy said:

traore would be doing his jig around the likes of austin gillman every practice as he dominated him rebounding, scoring and defensively.   gillman would be crying and asking to go back to econ class. gillman was no traore.   

Traore wasn't really a great player though. Long arms but poor coordination. Too much work for too much question. Better to sign another guy. Traore will find somewhere to develop, maybe he pans out. He didn't want to wait behind okoro and everyone else either. That's the reality of basketball in the portal era.

9 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Traore wasn't really a great player though. Long arms but poor coordination. Too much work for too much question. Better to sign another guy. Traore will find somewhere to develop, maybe he pans out. He didn't want to wait behind okoro and everyone else either. That's the reality of basketball in the portal era.

you saw a different traore than i did.   in his few appearances he made enough catch and scores, nice rebounds and outlets, steals, etc to show he had very good promise.   a lot more than what gillman ever did.  he would have been a decent 5-10 minute sub for okoro this coming year and then see what he progressed or not to become.   

his gleeful jig after the one big play was a season highlight imo.  

AnkielBreakers and dennis_w like this

18 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I thought his coordinating was just fine, my issue is he got too excited when he got the ball.  needed to calm down 

Just now, wgstl said:

I thought his coordinating was just fine, my issue is he got too excited when he got the ball.  needed to calm down 

when you play as few minutes and opportunities has he wrongly got, who wouldnt get excited?   when he finally got a few minutes, it become obvious to me that he was unjustly being held back imo.  no i didnt want him playing big chunks of minutes ahead of okoro and even linssen, but he could have gotten 5 minutes a game and we would have been fine.   those minutes would have paid off when he was truly needed.  

42 minutes ago, Soderball said:

What exactly are you expecting from roster spot 10-13?  He's the best big we've ever had that wasn't in the rotation.

billiken_roy, Schasz and Compton like this

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Traore just committed to Long Beach State:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc3Vr6tpSe4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That seems like a pretty good landing spot.  Nice weather in LA.  Long Beach won the Big West last season under former Gonzaga HC Dan Monson & returns many key peices including a freshman guard last year named Aboubacar Traore who is also from the Ivory Coast.  I'm not sure there is any relation (Traore is a common last name in that part of Africa), but it is probably nice to have a fellow countryman on the team regardless.  The returnees are mostly guards / wings, so they needed a big man & Lassina should have a path to immediate playing time.