Traore in portal

SLU_Nick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try to be positive.

Traore is in the portal because he knows coach Ford will be bringing in a couple bigs.

1 from the portal and Turnbull.

rgbilliken likes this

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

well this disappoints me more than even nesbitt.   ☹️

Yeah, I'm with you. It seems they could/should have been able to talk him into staying with the departure of Linssen. I really thought he had potential.  Might be they're close to bringing in another big and Traore got jumpy. 

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I am going to try to be positive.

Traore is in the portal because he knows coach Ford will be bringing in a couple bigs.

1 from the portal and Turnbull.

Turnbull would be my dream choice. Kid looked really good in some of those videos. 

1 minute ago, slubillikens43 said:

Is Turnbull not still committed to Butler or did I miss something 

MBMs hoping that Lavall Jordan will be fired and Turnbull will enter the portal.  If Butler wanted to fire Jordan, I think it would have happened already.  Butler's season has been over for three weeks already.

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

MBMs hoping that Lavall Jordan will be fired and Turnbull will enter the portal.  If Butler wanted to fire Jordan, I think it would have happened already.  Butler's season has been over for three weeks already.

There is a lot of whispering at Butler.  The most pronounced is the Collier will be removed and Thatta take his place.  Thatta then might bring in a new HC.  This si 3 weeks old now, as you say, and the Butler fandom is restless.  There has been no mention from the Athletic Department that LaVall is staying or is being replaced.  The fandom thinks something HAS to happen around the FF.  One assistant coach, David Ragland, has been on the recruiting trail and in fact did visit Turnbull last week.  The rest of the staff has been MIA.

4 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

The kid wasn't going to play much. He is to raw at this point to play big minutes. This isn't a big loss. 

A lot of huge potential. 

Again quit signing athletes if we really want basketball players

There were times, when Linssen was missing games due to his ankle injury, where I expected Traore to get more minutes, but he didn't.  Okoro played almost 40 minutes in some of those games.  It thought this was very telling about the staff's opinion about Traore.

Every bench player, including Brandon Courtney, shows flashes of brilliance at one point or another.  It does not necessarily mean that they are a future star.

This is speculation, obviously, but I think that this move could be a part of Ford's "cleaning house" and trusting that he will get better replacements in the transfer market.

I think this is a really good illustration that absent a clear understanding with a high school recruit, you have to assume that roster spots 10-13 are going to bolt after every season. Players are either going to have to be in your rotation or they're going to leave. I thought Traore was much more raw than most on this board, but I did think he may have been serviceable by the time he was an upper classman. Just going to have to modify views of roster construction moving forward.