A10 Transfer Watch

Taj79

41 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is probably my selective memory bias then because I was at that game in KC, so I have it in my head that Lewis, Courtney Stockard, and Levi Stockard all killed us.

I'm quite confident that the game plan the staff put together was to not let their good players like Sneed beat you. As a result, a stiff like Stockard who up until that point had never had a double digit game was able to do some damage. Stockard was their leading scorer that night, but Sneed and their better scoring options were kept in check - SLU won the game, so I would say the game plan worked quite well.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is probably my selective memory bias then because I was at that game in KC, so I have it in my head that Lewis, Courtney Stockard, and Levi Stockard all killed us.

That’s what I’m saying. I think Lewis and CStockard were just good players in our league.

You could almost forget Levi played for VCU. He was a bench piece on a non-tournament team. He made like 3-4 wide open jumpers in KC. Other posters above hit it right on the head

RUBillsFan likes this

• 2 weeks later...

He would have been in the back half of the Wildcat's rotation this season.  He's going to play for his Dad, so you can't fault him for that.  Wildcats now have two open scholarships.  I guess the Davidson coaching change let him jump into the portal at this late date.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the comings and goings on the first page of this thread.  To date, 506 of the 1745 entries into the transfer portal have yet to find homes.  This is the six guys from the A10: Ahmad Harrison (Fordham), Michael Gray and Sam Shelton (Mason), Kyle Thompson (La Salle), Kolton Mtchell and Javohn Garcia (Umass) and Pedro Rossi (Bonaventure).  Thompson, Shelton and Rossi are all former walk-ons.  

Lots of recent signings with JUCOs across the list.  Tine is running out. 

EJ Clark, listed above, is a 5'11" point guard.  Geedubya still light some talent and some players.

17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

This is actually a guy I had on my list as a low level backup PG/ ballhandler / undersized 3pt shooter type for SLU.  Probably more in the Tay Weaver mold than DeAndre Jones based on his assist numbers, but maybe somewhere in between.  It'll be interesting how he fares with GW.

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is actually a guy I had on my list as a low level backup PG/ ballhandler / undersized 3pt shooter type for SLU.  Probably more in the Tay Weaver mold than DeAndre Jones based on his assist numbers, but maybe somewhere in between.  It'll be interesting how he fares with GW.

I don't know a thing about him, but looking up the Hornet's stats, he was 8th in minutes at 20.6 mpg, missed two games, started 13, and was 2nd in total assists at 57 (for his 2.0 apg average). For a simple numbers comparison, Thatch had 56 assists last season with a 1.6 apg average with 25.5 mpg.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I don't know a thing about him, but looking up the Hornet's stats, he was 8th in minutes at 20.6 mpg, missed two games, started 13, and was 2nd in total assists at 57 (for his 2.0 apg average). For a simple numbers comparison, Thatch had 56 assists last season with a 1.6 apg average with 25.5 mpg.

That's why I said low level.  I wasn't expecting he'd have gotten significant PT at SLU, but more that he'd be a break glass in case of emergency type who might keep the floor from dropping out if the injury bug bit.  Pickins were/are slim in terms of PG types left on the transfer market.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

A10 Rosters still moving.  (No need for a new thread on a UMass recruit.)

The 6-foot-10 forward is currently ranked No. 42 in the class of 2023 but will reclass to 2022 and play for head coach Frank Martin this upcoming season.

He looks like a good player.

UMass seems to be trending upward along with other teams in the A10.

I think with the new transfer rules and the NIL the small schools will get the higher rated high school players and the power conference schools fill their rosters with transfers.

I am hoping there will be a way that the small school players that the power conferences want to poach find enough NIL money to keep them from transferring.