A10 Transfer Watch

Taj79

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Reportedly StB offered $80k NIL money. Florida went higher. 

If you check Olean, NY in Wikipedia you will find out that it is a city of about 15,000 which has experienced a flight of businesses headquartered there with CUTCO knives as the only major manufacturer located there. I really think that offering an $80,000 in NIL money was a heroic effort in their part. However they just cannot compete with other bigger places in terms of money for NILs. I am sorry they lost to Florida, they are nice people.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:33 PM, HoosierPal said:

So, they have a steel man and a tin man in now, plus a gaping hole of ??? in their bench. I guess we are going to see a few kids playing 40 min per game for St. Bona every  game. What better way is there to develop the new future iron man squad than to use whatever they have in the team until their legs cannot go any longer for a full season? They know now that they cannot compete in term os NILs, they are out of that race, so they have to go at it in a different way.

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

So, they have a steel man and a tin man in now, plus a gaping hole of ??? in their bench. I guess we are going to see a few kids playing 40 min per game for St. Bona every  game. What better way is there to develop the new future iron man squad than to use whatever they have in the team until their legs cannot go any longer for a full season? They know now that they cannot compete in term os NILs, they are out of that race, so they have to go at it in a different way.

I would suggest waiting until rosters are complete before predicting gloom and doom for any team.  St B has 4 open scholarships.  Let's see who takes them.  The next benchmark is the end of this month when players need to opt out of the NBA draft in order to maintain eligibility. 

Hoosier, I am not predicting doom for St. Bona, what I am really saying is that they tried as best as they could to keep one of theirs in the team by raising an $80,000 NIL, and were beaten elsewhere. As long as it is play for pay, they cannot compete.

The breakup of Bonaventure's Iron Five is complete as Dominick Welch announces he will transfer to Alabama.  Additionally, Archie Miller got a transfer in former 4-star SG Brandon Weston to come to Rhodey from Seton Hall.  Weston, as a freshman, played in 1 game lastyear at Seton Hall.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We don't have a spot for him, but Duke transfer Joey Baker would be a really good player in the A10.

Shame for Davidson, bc seems like a perfect fit for them.

brianstl likes this