A10 Transfer Watch

Taj79

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

So my question is how is this better for him?  Also, if you read the twitter response from someone - " ... best backcourt in the A10"  really?

Perhaps they were referring to the quality of the workmanship used on the playing surface at Duquesne? If not, then I have no idea…

Given the recent state of Duquesne basketball under Keith Dambrot, why would anyone want to go there?  Just this year, he went again from 13 scholarship players to five and has now brought in two more transfers, two JUCO players, and five more freshmen.  Added to his remaining five players.  Yep ---- 14 scholarships already with five more "open offers" per Verbal Commits.  All done to rack up six wins last year.  

Grant is a 6'2" guard from Lorain Ohio which is west of Cleveland so he's not "going home."  He did lead the Redhawks in scoring on a 14 and 18, middle MAC team.  He is listed as a PG and Duquesne has none (Jimmy Clark included).  Can't be playing time.  Hope springs eternal for the Dukes.  

Dambrot will likely be gone after this year anyway.

-I don't get the criticism directed at folks paying NIL, I think some (most?) of it is jealousy - this is different than criticizing the NIL concept

-if you have a net worth of $1bil then $500,000 is the equivalent percent of your net worth as $1000 is to someone with a net worth of $2mil, maybe not pocket change but probably not something to lose sleep over either, especially if still making an income

-in a static environment it would take 2000 years for one billion to go to zero taking away $500k per year

-as the saying goes you can't take it with you

rgbilliken likes this

17 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-I don't get the criticism directed at folks paying NIL, I think some (most?) of it is jealousy - this is different than criticizing the NIL concept

-if you have a net worth of $1bil then $500,000 is the equivalent percent of your net worth as $1000 is to someone with a net worth of $2mil, maybe not pocket change but probably not something to lose sleep over either, especially if still making an income

-in a static environment it would take 2000 years for one billion to go to zero taking away $500k per year

Just checked the stats, there are about 600 billionaires in North America. Sorry but that includes Mexico and Canada. So let's say for the sake of round numbers that there are 500 people in the US with over a billion net worth. OK, now, you must understand that some of these people do not have their assets in readily available cash, but rather they are invested in businesses or real estate which are not liquid. This limits the number of these people ready to drop your $500,000 in NILs. Let's say that 10% of the total (probably a high figure) have plenty of liquid assets and are interested in college basketball. That means there are 50 or so billionaires ready and willing to try NIL out.

There are, in my opinion, many more players going for the money than sources of available money. In other words, do not dream about NIL money this will be the exception rather than the rule.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Just checked the stats, there are about 600 billionaires in North America. Sorry but that includes Mexico and Canada. So let's say for the sake of round numbers that there are 500 people in the US with over a billion net worth. OK, now, you must understand that some of these people do not have their assets in readily available cash, but rather they are invested in businesses or real estate which are not liquid. This limits the number of these people ready to drop your $500,000 in NILs. Let's say that 10% of the total (probably a high figure) have plenty of liquid assets and are interested in basketball. That means there are 50 or so billionaires ready and willing to try NIL out.

There are, in my opinion, many more players going for the money than sources of available money. In other words, do not dream about NIL money this will be the exception rather than the rule.

There’s always money in the Pickle Market.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

20 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

And I bet the usual ones are happier than pigs in feces today.

22 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

Well I doubt that all these people are billionaires.  Millionaires more probably likely but I get your point.

LaSalle finally getting some players. They are up to six. 

F Drame 7.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.5 bpg and 12 of 33 from the arc (36%).  

H Drame 6.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.4 bpg and 9 of 26 from the arc (35%).

F Drame went for 4 points & 2 boards against KY in the NCAA.  H Drame got 7 and 8.

The Drame twins have transferred out of Saint Peters into La Salle.  Fran Dunphy can now field a team.  The twins, each 6'8", each played in 33 of Saint Peters 34 game with Hassan getting in all 34.  Each got about 22 mpg, and each averaged 7 ppg AND 6 ppg with Fousseyni getting the 7 ppg.  Fousseyni was the Peacocks leading rebounder at 6.4 rpg while his brother pulled down 5.3 rpg.  Both shot over 50% from the field and about 70% from the line.  Neither was a real three point threat.

Duquesne transfer Mounir Hima is going to Syracuse.  The Boeheim 2-3 matchup zone should fit him well, if he ever sees the court.  Raw kid with few offensive skills but we've seen that before.  He got lost a lo ton defense so the stationary zone will do wonders.  Pressed into action before he was ready at Duquesne and it showed.

Also, Fordham transfer Jalen Cobb to Mercer.