2022-23 Season Predictions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

The blue juice levels on the board are very low considering the votes of confidence that the media is giving us. 

We get these fluff articles every year and some of us get suckered in.

We're much wiser this time around.

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

We get these fluff articles every year and some of us get suckered in.

We're much wiser this time around.

Yes, Every year we get mentioned as a preseason top 25. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I remember that one ranking last year that had us as 9th. How'd that turn out? 

15 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Yes, Every year we get mentioned as a preseason top 25. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I remember that one ranking last year that had us as 9th. How'd that turn out? 

edit thought you we're referring to my favorite Lindys cover that had us #9...... ill leave this here anyway

The 2012–13 Saint Louis Billikens men's basketball team represented Saint Louis University in the 2012–13 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. they finished the season 28–7, 13–3 in A-10 play to win the regular season conference championship. They were also champions of the Atlantic 10 Tournament, defeating VCU in the championship game, to earn the conference's automatic bid to the 2013 NCAA Tournament where they defeated New Mexico State in the second round before losing in the third round to Oregon.

FINAL AP AND COACHES RANK = #16

48 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

edit thought you we're referring to my favorite Lindys cover that had us #9...... ill leave this here anyway

The 2012–13 Saint Louis Billikens men's basketball team represented Saint Louis University in the 2012–13 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. they finished the season 28–7, 13–3 in A-10 play to win the regular season conference championship. They were also champions of the Atlantic 10 Tournament, defeating VCU in the championship game, to earn the conference's automatic bid to the 2013 NCAA Tournament where they defeated New Mexico State in the second round before losing in the third round to Oregon.

FINAL AP AND COACHES RANK = #16

I was being sarcastic. Honestly didn't remember us being #9 lol. Just pulled that number out of the air. 

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

I believe he's saying that with SLU's roster for next year he's interested in betting on them at 200 to 1 to win a national title next year.

right, but is that good or bad or normal for most years..

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

right, but is that good or bad or normal for most years..

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Oh gotcha, I don’t have any past odds in front of me but would say that is probably better odds than most years 

I'd wager that it's the highest we've been in any year besides maybe 2020 since 2014

27 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Way too early hype. Hard to say if Perk will return to form or how soon, complex injury that's more than ACL...that being said, last season teams could focus on stopping Jimmerson, now they'll have to figure out how to defend triple threats, Perk, Parker and Jimmer.

Sounds like a law firm. :) 

Agree that we need to just take it a game at a time with Perkins and let his body and his mental approach to the game slowly get back to where he was. Definitely not an overnight thing - the speed of the game will get there over time - this shouldn’t be rushed by the coaching or athletic training staff. 

18 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

Sounds like a law firm. :) 

Agree that we need to just take it a game at a time with Perkins and let his body and his mental approach to the game slowly get back to where he was. Definitely not an overnight thing - the speed of the game will get there over time - this shouldn’t be rushed by the coaching or athletic training staff. 

If he doesn't score 30+ in his first game back it'll just prove how bad a coach Ford is and that his player development sucks

A10Ref and NoCoBillsFan like this

48 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If he doesn't score 30+ in his first game back it'll just prove how bad a coach Ford is and that his player development sucks

If he doesn’t score 30+ his first game back I’m blaming the doctors.

8 hours ago, slufanskip said:

If that first game happens to be against a DII or NAIA opponent, then you may have a very valid point/concern. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still think we have a shot @ being something that could make it to the dance. Perkins, Gibby, Okroro, & Thatch all can score so the weave should create as many opps as watching guard who may end up as D1 career leader dribble around 20 seconds then either dish to the above, shoot or get lost in the trees. Newcomers seem @ least as good as departed not counting Yuri bigcount4surebuutt.......:)

I love the assist thing so much that I was kind of more into that sometimes than actual team success :( He's gone but I'm excited 2 c team without him. This will be a true test of "is he a good gameday coach" ?

Trying to keep my expectations lower this year...

3 years ago -- COVID wiped everything

2 years ago -- NIT (the one that burns the most)

1 year ago -- NIT (after losing 17 ppg early in the year)

I think this could be a tournament team as well, but not super sure of that.