Midtown Madness: S2E30 Interview w/Jordan Niesler; Portal Overload; The Mystery of Nesbitt's NBA Draft Declaration

Podcast

This episode is presented by Wheelhouse Bicycle Shop in Creve Coeur.  Whether you’re looking for a super specialized road bike or a simple beach cruiser go see Nathan Levanthal first at 770 N New Ballas Rd in Creve Couer or online at wheelhousebicycle.com.

Peter and Zac sit down with Billiken's Social Media Manager Jordan Niesler to get a peek behind the curtain at how the content to Billiken  twitter comes together. 

Three Billikens hit the transfer portal 

The guys discover live on air that Jordan Nesbitt has deleted his NBA Draft Declaration leaving his status uncertain 

Update (Or lack thereof) on the WBB Coaching Search 

Decommitments and transfers from the WBB Program 

Billiken Baseball and Softball rounding into form 

Men's and Women's Tennis head in opposite directions 

Track and Field host a home meet

View the full article

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

OK I get that it is a weird situation but can you tell what the upshot was?  Thanks

Gotta be honest with you, I very often have no recollection of anything talked about on the podcast. Between following notes, listening to Peter or guest and trying to be ready with a follow up question or thought I kind of blackout in the time we record. Could you elaborate?

44 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

Gotta be honest with you, I very often have no recollection of anything talked about on the podcast. Between following notes, listening to Peter or guest and trying to be ready with a follow up question or thought I kind of blackout in the time we record. Could you elaborate?

Well, perhaps I misunderstood what was posted - did Nesbitt take back his declaration for the NBA?

13 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Well, perhaps I misunderstood what was posted - did Nesbitt take back his declaration for the NBA?

You’re right. I am not really sure if he did or not. Pete and I could probably do 30 minutes of reading the tea leaves, but I’m guessing Nesbitt made an impulsive decision and someone from SLU got to him and talked to him or he had a conversation with an agent that may have opened his eyes. Will he return to SLU? I don’t know. I don’t think Cusumano’s take is applicable anymore as he was specifically reacting to Nesbitts post. 

cheeseman likes this

5 hours ago, Midtown Madness said:

You’re right. I am not really sure if he did or not. Pete and I could probably do 30 minutes of reading the tea leaves, but I’m guessing Nesbitt made an impulsive decision and someone from SLU got to him and talked to him or he had a conversation with an agent that may have opened his eyes. Will he return to SLU? I don’t know. I don’t think Cusumano’s take is applicable anymore as he was specifically reacting to Nesbitts post. 

Fwiw...on his show this morning Frank discussed the situation. He said it was his understanding SLU would not accept Nesbitt back even if he wanted to.

21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

just announced my decision to leave my job and make myself eligible for the CEO position  

Remember this, the unemployment lines are long and move slowly. The food pantry lines are really long and move slowly. Have fun living out of your 401k and credit cards, for a while that is. Using the blue font is a good idea. All the best.

Oh, and I forgot, you can be a CEO, just incorporate as an LLC. You own all the stock and you are both the president and the CEO, that might work out. No blue font here, this is real, ie. not a joke. I managed to survive and keep my house and family together out of my own little consulting company for 13 years, before I had to get my next salaried job. It was really difficult to make it work. Just saying.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

He was a safety for UT and the Seahawks. He was part of the Seahawks “Legion of Boom.
He  was  good.

No idea why he would be on 590.

dang you beat me

i havent watched a second of the nfl since the kneeling nonsense started so i dont know the players at all any longer.  

Young Charles and Old guy like this

33 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

590 continues to run the tightest of ships:

"St Louis Sports hall of famer Earl Thomas Jr. joins to discuss SLU players returning next season & how well their chemistry will continue to grow"

I guess Gus is writing podcast notes now in the offseason.  

AGB91 likes this