Jordan Nesbitt enters the NBA draft

wgstl

• wgstl changed the title to Jordan Nesbitt enters the NBA draft
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this means he is definitely coming back.  He no doubt knows he isn't getting drafted this season.  This is to hear what the NBA says he needs to work on.  He is doing that and then transferring to wait another season to play.

Jordan doesn't lack confidence, so I bet he thinks he has a chance at this point in time.  Hopefully after the feedback he'll realize he's not there yet and return. 

As @wgstlsaid, will most likely get graded and return. 
He's not a guaranteed starter on our team next year to say nothing of being ready for the league. I'm honestly not sure Europe is even a realistic option for him yet.
This will likely be the scenario every year he is here though.

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, ARon said:

As @wgstlsaid, will most likely get graded and return. 
He's not a guaranteed starter on our team next year to say nothing of being ready for the league. I'm honestly not sure Europe is even a realistic option for him yet.
This will likely be the scenario every year he is here though.

He has a one-ish year old child at home, and some thought his reason for leaving Memphis had to do with that. 

I cant see him leaving this early for an overseas job. 

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

Reading into social media posts is always tricky, but I agree with 05, it seems like there is a degree of certainty to that post. If he was open to a return, think there would have been a mention about retaining eligibility. 

Agreed, but as I mentioned above, Jordan has always had this type of confidence since he has been here, its no secret.  I think either at this point in time he thinks he has a chance to get drafted, before returning due to feedback, or he worded it poorly(does the school help wit this stuff?)

Remind me, can players declare every year and return or just once? I thought it was just once but don't know for sure these days.

If you can declare and return just once and he doesn't intend to stick with it, this is a wasted option and would be pretty dumb to do since he has no realistic chance at the NBA right now. If you can do it multiple times then I guess why not go through that process every year.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

He's gonna transfer if he doesn't get drafted.

I'm not sure he can without sitting out a year. The rule was supposed to allow one free transfer, which he presumably already used. Unless last year's transfer didn't count because of COVID or something.

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He has a one-ish year old child at home, and some thought his reason for leaving Memphis had to do with that. 

I cant see him leaving this early for an overseas job. 

Hopefully we have or will soon reach the point where a NLI is more lucrative than playing in a third-tier league in Latvia.  But who knows.

dennis_w likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

He's gonna transfer if he doesn't get drafted.

Is this fact or opinion?  I agree the post has some finality to it, but maybe he just really believes he will get drafted… hopefully he gets some feedback and realizes that isn’t realistic. 

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Remind me, can players declare every year and return or just once? I thought it was just once but don't know for sure these days.

If you can declare and return just once and he doesn't intend to stick with it, this is a wasted option and would be pretty dumb to do since he has no realistic chance at the NBA right now. If you can do it multiple times then I guess why not go through that process every year.

They can declare multiple times. The only thing that will prevent that is signing with an agent not approved by the NCAA. The major agencies all are cleared, so pretty much everyone that enters retains their eligibility. 

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Is this fact or opinion?  I agree the post has some finality to it, but maybe he just really believes he will get drafted… hopefully he gets some feedback and realizes that isn’t realistic. 

I mean it just feels like he has made his goodbyes in that tweet. A lot of past tense usage.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

I mean it just feels like he has made his goodbyes in that tweet. A lot of past tense usage.

Plus didn't SnipaShad use the phrase "the journey is the reward" in the post he used to announce he was transferring?