Midtown Madness: S2E29 Season Ends for Men's Basketball, Lisa Stone Let Go and the Future of SLU Women's Basketball

Podcast

This episode is presented by Wheelhouse Bicycle Shop in Creve Coeur.  Whether you’re looking for a triathlon bike like I recently was or your  kids first bike go see Nathan Levanthal first at 770 N New Ballas Rd in  Creve Couer or online at wheelhousebicycle.com.  

Men's Basketball torched by Northern Iowa's hot shooting. 

Chris May announces the end of Lisa Stone's tenure as Women's Basketball Coach 

Potential Head Coaching Candidates? 

Baseball and Softball start to round into form.

View the full article

thetorch likes this

Nice podcast as usual.   Peter, I don't need an offseason to mull over how you counter three-point bombing teams like Davidson and Northern Iowa.  Make them shoot over length.  If your team doesn't have that personnel, then you need to outscore them.

As far as the Lisa Stone situation, I have no idea what the economics of the situation are.  Was she making 250K and now Chris May is willing to pay 400K for a coach with more upside?  Whatever happens, Lisa Stone is a our Rich Grawer.  She saved the women's basketball program.

55 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nice podcast as usual.   Peter, I don't need an offseason to mull over how you counter three-point bombing teams like Davidson and Northern Iowa.  Make them shoot over length.  If your team doesn't have that personnel, then you need to outscore them.

As far as the Lisa Stone situation, I have no idea what the economics of the situation are.  Was she making 250K and now Chris May is willing to pay 400K for a coach with more upside?  Whatever happens, Lisa Stone is a our Rich Grawer.  She saved the women's basketball program.

I mean, that's exactly right but we more or less know who we're going to have out there next season. They won't be shooting over length so we have to figure out how to score more.

Agree on Stone, too. The floor of the program keeps getting raised. Time to take the next step. I thought she had a shot to do it but 10 years is also a lot of time.