Markhi Strickland in the transfer portal

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for playing for team blue best wishes to you on your next team.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Well the Scholarship is needed. 

So the COVID year did not count if there was an injury?

It probably was explained but I missed it.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

So the COVID year did not count if there was an injury?

It probably was explained but I missed it.

I believe Perkins didn’t count this season but you can’t double dip. I’ve heard this from several sources. BUT the ‘red shirt season’ might be unique. Until a more reliable source corrects me, I’m going with him counting next season. 

CBFan likes this

Wildly athletic, but really didn't fit the system well. In person it's very apparent how often he got beat by his man on defense. I'm okay with this as I didn't really see him getting into the rotation in the next two years. Also, opens up a spot for a big from the portal. Wishing him the best at his next stop.

P.S. Does anyone know if Perkins would count as a scholarship if he comes back? I know the COVID year doesn't count, but was this year his COVID year and next year the Medical redshirt year? Is this year considered the Medical Red Shirt and next year the COVID year? Not really sure how that plays out.

Just now, slufanskip said:

It's amazing how much insight guys who have seen 20 minutes of a player in anything other than mop up time have. 

You are correct, the 20 minutes against UNI showed he should have been playing more than THJ this season.  

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I believe Perkins didn’t count this season but you can’t double dip. I’ve heard this from several sources. BUT the ‘red shirt season’ might be unique. Until a more reliable source corrects me, I’m going with him counting next season. 

Chaply just tweeted and confirmed that Perkins coming back counts against the 13 scholarships.

I can read the tweets but I don’t know how to post them.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

So defense doesn’t matter as much as splashy dunk attempts. 

I think highlighting the word attempts would have been proper.

7 minutes ago, laker119 said:

You are correct, the 20 minutes against UNI showed he should have been playing more than THJ this season.  

I don't know what you're watching. 

Markhi UNI game 18 min 5 pts, 1 rb

TJ Season avg   21 min 6.7 ppg 4.2 rpg

6 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Chaply just tweeted and confirmed that Perkins coming back counts against the 13 scholarships.

I can read the tweets but I don’t know how to post them.

i have said that multiple times, the rules about scholarship numbers are easy to find, i am glad chapley agrees with me

Players 10-13 will rotate out of your program every couple of years. That's the long-term impact of the portal becoming a thing.  No more guys wasting the best years of their lives in the slim hope of being a 10 min a game guy as an upperclassman.  This is one side effect of the portal I like. 

Markhi was a good teammate.  I wish him nothing but the best.

ARon, SLU_Lax, Soderball and 3 others like this