Lisa Stone is out as head coach.

wgstl

1 hour ago, rgbilliken said:

I lol'ed at "whelmed." You don't hear that much. Usually under or overwhelmed but people aren't often just whelmed.

In addition to what @Admanalready said, I'm on Reddit a lot and I've seen folks use it quite a bit, so I thought I'd jump on the train, lol. I definitely would like this to be an overwhelming hire, but I'm tempering my expectations, hence "whelmed" 😅

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour
A word
Adman likes this

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, courtside said:

One of the questions will be how competitive does SLU want to be with resources and compensation. It goes without saying SLU will need to be more competitive in that area. SLU is the A-10 and not The Big East for example but top non UConn coaches in that league are making $500k range. (Bruno, Duffy etc..let alone some Power 5 head coaches and assistants) Obviously SLU isn’t going near that but the bottom number has to come up to be more competitive. 

One of the best A-10 coaches, Tammi Reissue, is on a 300K contract.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:34 AM, billikenfan05 said:

You should really site your sources.

I am not sure what Lisa Stone was making, but Dionnah is making $210,000 a year at Texas. That is.... a shiton. She might be a high major candidate or bust. 

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I am not sure what Lisa Stone was making, but Dionnah is making $210,000 a year at Texas. That is.... a shiton. She might be a high major candidate or bust. 

I hear you, but Chris May has really put himself in a position where he's going to have to pay high major money. You fire a coach like stone for plateauing after rebuilding your program from the dirt you better be willing to pony up the cash.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I hear you, but Chris May has really put himself in a position where he's going to have to pay high major money. You fire a coach like stone for plateauing after rebuilding your program from the dirt you better be willing to pony up the cash.

If May is willing to pay up to $400k, I think he will get some really good candidates.  That would be the second highest salary in the A10 can only slightly less than what the Mizzou coach is getting.

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

05 how does Miller keep his job after this fire?

On 3/21/2022 at 7:54 AM, brianstl said:

Molly Miller

Do I had to google her.  Aside from her picture I read an article on her.  Sounds like she plays a style I would go watch.  In your face pressure defense from baseline to baseline.  Her D2 averaged forcing 30 turnovers a game.  Sign me up.  I think I’d go watch some women’s games.

1 hour ago, Slowry said:

Do I had to google her.  Aside from her picture I read an article on her.  Sounds like she plays a style I would go watch.  In your face pressure defense from baseline to baseline.  Her D2 averaged forcing 30 turnovers a game.  Sign me up.  I think I’d go watch some women’s games.

Exactly, it is an attractive brand of basketball that would put people in the seats.

Kate Achter was let go at Loyola Chicago yesterday after six seasons. She inherited a big disaster, and slowly, steadily, improved their team each season. But it wasn’t enough and it wasn’t fast enough for them and they decided to make a change. (Former X and Bonnies assistant)

28 minutes ago, courtside said:

Kate Achter was let go at Loyola Chicago yesterday after six seasons. She inherited a big disaster, and slowly, steadily, improved their team each season. But it wasn’t enough and it wasn’t fast enough for them and they decided to make a change. (Former X and Bonnies assistant)

Uhhh we just fired our coach for this reason. There's no reason she should be a candidate as a replacement.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Uhhh we just fired our coach for this reason. There's no reason she should be a candidate as a replacement.

No one said she was a candidate to be a replacement at SLU. This is twice trolling in a few days. 

Loyola is joining the A10 next year. They are also looking for a Woman's Hoops Head Coach.

HoosierPal likes this

I would also add that regionally, Missouri St. which has a good track record as both a program, and, with coaching hires, is open after their last two coaches left for Tennessee and Virginia. Also regionally, Butler is also open, but they haven’t shown much of a past commitment to Women’s Hoops. 

3 hours ago, courtside said:

No one said she was a candidate to be a replacement at SLU. This is twice trolling in a few days. 

Loyola is joining the A10 next year. They are also looking for a Woman's Hoops Head Coach.

The thread you're posting in is about Lisa Stone, her firing and potential replacements. You posted the name of a coach, it's fair to assume posting any name is suggesting a replacement.

thetorch and billiken_roy like this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jackson Durrett hired by UMKC. I'm not well.

I think she's only 29.  That's probably the right level.

When the press release came out that announced Coach Stone's firing, no timeline was given for hiring a coach.  Makes me think that the coaches they were pursuing were still in the tournament.

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think she's only 29.  That's probably the right level.

When the press release came out that announced Coach Stone's firing, no timeline was given for hiring a coach.  Makes me think that the coaches they were pursuing were still in the tournament.

Unless they are going to pull a coup for Niele Ivey.....