Lisa Stone is out as head coach.

wgstl

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously they need to hire Grand Canyon’s Molly Miller.  The lady is a winner and would get the program turned around quickly.  She already has a strong recruiting base in the state.  Plus, she can sell the program to a larger audience.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Seriously they need to hire Grand Canyon’s Molly Miller.  The lady is a winner and would get the program turned around quickly.  She already has a strong recruiting base in the state.  Plus, she can sell the program to a larger audience.

This would be a coup. But personally I’d be surprised if Molly Miller didn’t end up at a Power 5 job this off-season instead.

Yeah I'm into Molly Miller. 

I mean she lacks the pizazz of Kim Mulkey but hey she's got time to develop her Bedazzle game.

12 minutes ago, NH said:

This would be a coup. But personally I’d be surprised if Molly Miller didn’t end up at a Power 5 job this off-season instead.

If they are making a serious commitment to the women’s program, I think this job would be attractive to her. I think the job is more attractive than we think if they are really going to commit the resources.

Jacie Hoyt was hired at Oklahoma State from UMKC/Kansas City. 

There have been at least 8 Power 6 openings. Whether it is a Power 6 assistant or a head coach in a different league, it’s a competitive. Illinois is looking for a new coach.

A regional success story, Belmont’s HC Bart Brooks, was an 11 year DePaul assistant and he has it rolling at Belmont with their 2nd straight 12/5 upset and several regular season league and tourney titles in his first 5 seasons. 

11 minutes ago, courtside said:

Dionnah Jackson Durrett is a University of Texas assistant and Stl native. 

Anyone associated with Kim Mulkey and/or Vic Schaefer should get a look.  They get things done with some tough teams.  I know it's not always a recipe for success but maybe it'll work.

Little more information on Jackson-Durrett from: https://texassports.com/staff-directory/dionnah-jackson-durrett/1453

Played for Parkway HS, the land thieves, in Israel, and WNBA, then assistant at SEMO, George Mason, then into MSU with Vic Schaefer before moving to Austin with him.   Is the primary coach of the guards/Associate Head Coach.  I estimate her to be 39 years old.

So knows A10, knows MO and probably loves Imo's Pizza, T-ravs and celebrates Nelly's entire catalog.   Texas is still in the tournament so don't expect a move for another week or so.

24 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Anyone associated with Kim Mulkey and/or Vic Schaefer should get a look.  They get things done with some tough teams.  I know it's not always a recipe for success but maybe it'll work.

One of the questions will be how competitive does SLU want to be with resources and compensation. It goes without saying SLU will need to be more competitive in that area. SLU is the A-10 and not The Big East for example but top non UConn coaches in that league are making $500k range. (Bruno, Duffy etc..let alone some Power 5 head coaches and assistants) Obviously SLU isn’t going near that but the bottom number has to come up to be more competitive. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

If they are making a serious commitment to the women’s program, I think this job would be attractive to her. I think the job is more attractive than we think if they are really going to commit the resources.

I hope they are, but I'm ready to be whelmed at whomever they get. Lisa Stone set the bar high. The proverbial ball is in the AD'S court to make a hire that's going to get us back in the national spotlight and beyond a la the Sadie/Jackie/Kerri/Olivia/Holy Sh*t our team is stacked days.

29 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Little more information on Jackson-Durrett from: https://texassports.com/staff-directory/dionnah-jackson-durrett/1453

Played for Parkway HS, the land thieves, in Israel, and WNBA, then assistant at SEMO, George Mason, then into MSU with Vic Schaefer before moving to Austin with him.   Is the primary coach of the guards/Associate Head Coach.  I estimate her to be 39 years old.

So knows A10, knows MO and probably loves Imo's Pizza, T-ravs and celebrates Nelly's entire catalog.   Texas is still in the tournament so don't expect a move for another week or so.

Parkway West.

Recent U Texas stand out Sug Sutton played at Parkway North. (Recruited before Jackson Durrett’s time) 

32 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ok holy cr*p reading over her bio, she's my standard now. Anything less will be disappointing.

26 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I hope they are, but I'm ready to be whelmed at whomever they get. Lisa Stone set the bar high. The proverbial ball is in the AD'S court to make a hire that's going to get us back in the national spotlight and beyond a la the Sadie/Jackie/Kerri/Olivia/Holy Sh*t our team is stacked days.

I lol'ed at "whelmed." You don't hear that much. Usually under or overwhelmed but people aren't often just whelmed.

9 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I want Napheesa Collier... WNBA plays May-Sept, and she would definitely be able to recruit... Dawn Staley did this while at Temple and took a historically abysmal program (similar to ours) to 6 NCAA tournaments in 8 years.

she would also bring national media attention, local excitement, and sell tickets at a level the women's program has never seen

30 minutes ago, courtside said:

Illinois announced Shauna Green from Dayton as its new Head Coach.

Virginia announced Amaka Agugua Hamilton from Missouri State is its next coach.

By the way, for those wondering about  some of the peer landscape, Shauna Green was making $489,000 a year at Dayton. She left for Illinois. She started at North of $400k at Dayton. Their previous long term HC was making $383k. 

8 minutes ago, courtside said:

By the way, for those wondering about  some of the peer landscape, Shauna Green was making $489,000 a year at Dayton. She left for Illinois. She started at North of $400k at Dayton. Their previous long term HC was making $383k. 

-what was Stone getting paid? what is Shauna getting paid from Illinois?