• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And DOWN goes the Mountain West!!!

Mountain West : 4 Teams 0 Wins

Atlantic 10: 2 Teams 1 Win (at least)

Dear Selection Committee, please take note of this for future reference so we don't end up with 4 MW teams and 2 A10 teams again and you don't look like fools when teams from your favored conference win no games.  Thank you. 

I kept thinking the very worst thing a high seed can do is let the lower seed hang around. Then KY saw their season blow up when St. Peter's owned them in the OT. Thought I heard Kenny Smith and maybe Chuck say KY was who they thought would win it all. They weren't very happy after the game. Suppose they wagered a wad of money on KY.

9 hours ago, Schasz said:

I kept thinking the very worst thing a high seed can do is let the lower seed hang around. Then KY saw their season blow up when St. Peter's owned them in the OT. Thought I heard Kenny Smith and maybe Chuck say KY was who they thought would win it all. They weren't very happy after the game. Suppose they wagered a wad of money on KY.

I believe it's Saint Peter's. 😏

rgbilliken and Deutschkind like this

11 hours ago, nimble said:

Kalkbrenner just went down with a knee injury. #Sad

Always value in going back and seeing how a recruiting target, especially local does, in particular a big guy. 

He was barely but in the 8 man rotation off of the bench as a Freshman. Then he made the big development jump that 2nd year that some to many players do. Big East Defensive Player of the Year. Key player on their team. 

Unfortunate injury there.

One big takeaway I noticed from watching almost all of the games yesterday is the difference in quality between the top-level program coaches and the small, low major coaches is minimal.  That NM State head coach ran circles around Hurley, and the same can be said for Saint Peter’s.   

Just now, laker119 said:

One big takeaway I noticed from watching almost all of the games yesterday is the difference in quality between the top-level program coaches and the small, low major coaches is minimal.  That NM State head coach ran circles around Hurley, and the same can be said for Saint Peter’s.   

coach holloway is going to get a nice payday out of last night imo.   i was tremendously impressed with his team.   not from necessarily a talent standpoint, but more from their composure and execution.   they never shrunk away no matter how kentucky had runs or big plays.   this next game with his team vs murray is going to be fun to watch.  

rgbilliken likes this

Hankton with a couple 3’s Chat up 7 in the second half.

Illinois down 5 with 4:26 left.

Illinoise should be down 7 but the officials missed a blatant goal tending call, it was really bad and not even close.