GDT: NIT First Round, SLU vs. UNI

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I this is idiotic, the score was SLU down 7-9, then he sat Strickland and it exploded. I have no idea where Strickland found these handles, but no one can take the ball from him, and he is unselfish. Point guard. Bank it. Done. Zero turnovers. Just let him learn his way into the role.

Bad defense has been his Achilles heel today.

4 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I agree that extending seems premature.  It’s clear that Chris May has a soft spot for Travis.  

But to say this is the ceiling is an overreaction. If next year the season doesn’t go better, then that will probably be the ceiling.

Huh?  This dude has been a HC for a long time he has 1 NCAA tournament win.  He got to the NIT runner up with UMASS in 2008 that is the last and only deep post season run of any kind by Ford in 24 years of being a head coach.  So tell me how this isn't the ceiling?  Past performance is the best indicator of future success. 

JMM28, Bizziken and TaLBErt like this

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Prediction:  Parker becomes the next Perkins.  We shed some dead weight with transfers, we bring in some good transfers.  Even if Perkins doesn’t return, we have a bettter season next year.

Even without Perkins if this team isn’t better next year there is a huge problem.

We basically have the same team coming back. If there isn’t improvement I’ll be ready to get rid of Ford.

CBFan and Dr. Holly Hills like this

3 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Huh?  This dude has been a HC for a long time he has 1 NCAA tournament win.  He got to the NIT runner up with UMASS in 2008 that is the last and only deep post season run of any kind by Ford in 24 years of being a head coach.  So tell me how this isn't the ceiling?  Past performance is the best indicator of future success. 

Yeah. There’s a large sample size and this is what ya get. Travis is a great guy to come in and raise a program up to this level. He doesn’t have any track record of anything more. He’s a Doug Collins type. Gets things leveled up and stabilized, but you need to find a Phil Jackson to take it to the next level. 

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I just got killed with facts and logic on the board.  Duly noted

What an embarrassment Ford’s seat should be warm next season.

16 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Prediction:  Parker becomes the next Perkins.  We shed some dead weight with transfers, we bring in some good transfers.  Even if Perkins doesn’t return, we have a bettter season next year.

This. Hopefully Parker is good enough that whether to give minutes to Hargrove or Strickland becomes a moot point.

Just now, slu72 said:

A lot of this is due to Xs and Os. You can have talent but if they don’t have a system they’re gonna rip your heart out. 

Yes, a million times yes. UNI’s coach ran a clinic out there. Travis needs to attend one… or more.

9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:
9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

In those 24 years. 
1 - OVC Tournament Champions

1- A10 Tournament Champions 

1 - A10 conference champions

That’s it in 24 years

1 minute ago, ThreeTimeBilliken said:

But we still have no idea what the terms are. I would think the extension was for 2-3 years. If it’s 5, Chris May should be fired. 

Yea, they are keeping the terms hush-hush. As I recall he got a nice sweetheart deal when he left Okie State. To this day I can't understand how he got 2.5 mil out of SLU. That is 700 grand more than the next A10 coach. We only paid Majerus a mil I believe. SLU has always been notoriously cheap. He may have a fantastic agent.