GDT: NIT First Round, SLU vs. UNI

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not putting any carts before horses here, but if we win and BYU loses do we get another home game?

I believe so since we'd be the de facto higher seed. Of course I don't know as much about the NIT 😅

16 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not putting any carts before horses here, but if we win and BYU loses do we get another home game?

Yes, higher seeds get home in every round 

15 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Is there even any actual evidence he said anything to anyone?

Not that I can find/saw

If anything, the videos sorta back up Nesbitt.  Shows he was never really close to the cheerleader's.  I stand by what I said earlier that if Nesbitt did shout things, it wasn't towards a cheerleader individually, but more likely would have been to the whole squad + Students. 

35 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I just bought tickets last night. Looks like the Chaifetz may be pretty empty tonight (with the number of open seats available last night). 😬

Hope I'm wrong...

I feel like this might be a combination of 

1. It's gorgeous outside today and folks probably don't want to be inside even for the Bills and will watch at their favorite bar.

2. This was likely a quick turnaround for more casual fans who may not have even known this game was happening until Monday as with all non-NCAA tournament postseason games.

E: Bars with patios and TVs on said patios.

55 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I just bought tickets last night. Looks like the Chaifetz may be pretty empty tonight (with the number of open seats available last night). 😬

Hope I'm wrong...

Xavier's arena looked pretty empty after the first few rows last night. 

I flipped around last night ..... Dayton Arena was relatively empty; Colordao was relatively empty; even Siegel was empty in both end zones and they "always" sell out; ditto Oklahoma; and Vandy's sightlines make it hard to really tell.  ESPN lists tickets tonight at Chaifetz starting at $34.  Seems steep.  What are they charging you guys with seats from SLU?  

In DC, we bought tickets with the SLU Ticket Manager.  Thursday's were $40 each.  Friday iot went to $55 each.  And Saturday was $60 each.  At least we got two games Saturday ---- wasn't going to forsake free drinks and food to go watch Fordham play Mason or Fordham play Davidson.  Did however hang around for Dayton and Richmond.  Got back to da'couch in Gettysburg for Sunday's final.

my schedule is such it is rare when i have an evening 2 days in advance where my wife or i can accept an invite to anything on that short of notice.   so my seats will be open tonight.   

Wonder what attendance will be at Chaifetz tonight? Watched Buzz Williams emotional press conference after A&M's NIT win last night. He is still extremely upset with the Selection Committee for the Big Dance. He had down some analysis that he passed out to those attending the presser.