A10 Transfer News 2022

35 minutes ago, Compton said:

In the post-Majerus era, of the folks not involved in any sort of situation, I'd say:

• Miles Reynolds - 2016
  • Jalen Johnson - 2018
  • Demarius Jacobs - 2020

Maybe not franchise guys, but all could have contributed.

If we had senior Reynolds this year we'd be playing Thursday or Friday not tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

In the post-Majerus era, of the folks not involved in any sort of situation, I'd say:

• Miles Reynolds - 2016
  • Jalen Johnson - 2018
  • Demarius Jacobs - 2020

Maybe not franchise guys, but all could have contributed.

Marcus Bartley was a 41.5% three point shooter in his two years at SLU (2014-16). You can never have enough 40%+ long range gunners.  He left the same times Reynolds, Yarbrough and Jolley departed.

There have been a lot to hit today, though. Here's what I can find so far, and let me know if I missed any.

VCU, Bonaventure, Fordham, Dayton, Davidson, SLU, Richmond, GW, UMass: None (about to be a lot from the last two, though)

Duquesne: Okani

Mason: Frazier, Gadsden, Hartwell, Shelton, Johnson

La Salle: Gill, Thompson, Ray

URI: Walker, Berry, Leggett, Martin

St. Joe's: Forrest, Bishop, Funk

SLU offered Walker out of HS in 2016. He went to Georgetown for a year, then URI, now a grad transfer. SLU also took a look at Okani.

Just getting started on what will undoubtedly be a busy cycle.

14 hours ago, NH said:

I wasn’t pumped about losing Jacobs last year. But even more than that I’d say Jalen Johnson in 2018 was a tough loss

I would not consider either of those to be significant losses.  There is a handful of guys on this team I would be upset about losing.  The rest aren't going to move the needle much of they go.  Besides, we need to make room for the next Linssen and the next Jones.

Also, I would trade the scratch off lottery ticket that is a new guy that TF brings in over a bench player we currently have the sometimes contributes or gets into the rotation.  A new guy can range from a relative non-contributor to a Perkins level player.  I agree that bringing in a Perkins is rare, but anything between regular contributor and Perkins is an upgrade over an occasional contributor that we already have.

NextYearBill likes this

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Add Taylor Funk to the list. 

Edited the list to add him. He already graduated and was almost certainly going to leave no matter what, so not much surprise there.

Portal is going to hit 400 in the next hour or two.

Not transfer but Fordham just landed a recruit with offers from seton hall, USC, ASU, Minnesota etc. Neptune doing wonders. Part of getting multiple teams in every year starts with not having  250+ net team 

Compton likes this

22 hours ago, wgstl said:

Not transfer but Fordham just landed a recruit with offers from seton hall, USC, ASU, Minnesota etc. Neptune doing wonders. Part of getting multiple teams in every year starts with not having  250+ net team 

-wow, great for the A10 and of course FU

Romad Dean is a two-star, 6'7" small forward from Canada (if this is who you mean).  His workout video shows him all alone, dunking and then hitting one free throw.  I think this is another 'time will tell' guy.  Remember, Reggie Agbeko was recruited by Duke (so someone said)!