GDT: A10 Quarterfinals vs St. Bonaventure

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, stmdragons said:

Not to bring down the mood by any means, but I am seeing some concerning stuff on Twitter about Nesbitt saying something pretty derogatory to the SBU cheerleaders to trigger that response. I'm really hoping its nothing but I'm concerned about what the potential outcome of it might be.

Nesbit was at mid court when the final buzzer sounded. He then ran over to the Bills celebration by the announcers table.

If he said anything it was from really far away.

Watch him in this clip.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

One good thing about the A10, I feel we are establishing some really good rivalries; St B’s, Dayton (obviously), Davidson, and VCU. 

With another one getting ready to begin next year.  Loyola.  We will be needing someone to counter Sr. Jean.

16 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Nesbit was at mid court when the final buzzer sounded. He then ran over to the Bills celebration by the announcers table.

If he said anything it was from really far away.

Watch him in this clip.

I know nothing - just posting a random tweet, but there could be some smoke here.

59 minutes ago, wgstl said:

also tho,

Gibby 6 or 9 and Okoro 5-7 with 14, yuri with 9 assists, did we win by 20?

....but zero pts from our starting SG,  We need him to do a lot better the next few games so Jimmer can get a little rest time to be ready for the last game.

1 minute ago, bauman said:

....but zero pts from our starting SG,  We need him to do a lot better the next few games so Jimmer can get a little rest time to be ready for the last game.

Gibby is our starting SG?

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I know nothing, but it appears there is some smoke here.

An innocent cheerleader that's 2/3 of the way across the court from the rest of her cheer team.  The Billikens were headed the other direction and she somehow ended up there?

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

An innocent cheerleader that's 2/3 of the way across the court from the rest of her cheer team.  The Billikens were headed the other direction and she somehow ended up there?

If you assume that Nesbitt indeed said what she wrote, then why not? 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’ll believe the video before I believe some 18 year old looking for her 15 minutes. 

No where does it say when Nesbitt allegedly said the remark.

I am not defending her or Nesbitt.  I just hope he didn't say anything in that nature.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

No where does it say when Nesbitt allegedly said the remark.

I am not defending her or Nesbitt.  I just hope he didn't say anything in that nature.

What I'm gleaning from all of this is Nesbitt needs to keep his mouth shut after a win. If he said anything, shame on him, but in no way was the response from the cheer team and coach appropriate either.

rgbilliken likes this

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, so IF Nesbitt indeed said what she reported, she deserved it? I HOPE he didn't say anything to her. 

The first video shows the Bonnie cheerleaders under the basket where the shot was being taken.  At the end of the first video, Nesbitt is heading toward the Billiken bench and did not say anything, that you can see in the video, to the Bonnie cheerleaders.  The second video starts with Nesbitt and the Billikens by their bench, and the cheerleader 2/3 of the way across the court from where the Bonnie cheerleaders started.  I agree that I do not know what happened in between, but I am doubting that Nesbitt ran back over to where the Bonnie cheerleaders were and said what she claimed he said.  If he said it, and I don't know that it is true, it was after she instigated.

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

What I'm gleaning from all of this is Nesbitt needs to keep his mouth shut after a win. If he said anything, shame on him, but in no way was the response from the cheer team and coach appropriate either.

I fully agree.

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

The first video shows the Bonnie cheerleaders under the basket where the shot was being taken.  At the end of the first video, Nesbitt is heading toward the Billiken bench and did not say anything, that you can see in the video, to the Bonnie cheerleaders.  The second video starts with Nesbitt and the Billikens by their bench, and the cheerleader 2/3 of the way across the court from where the Bonnie cheerleaders started.  I agree that I do not know what happened in between, but I am doubting that Nesbitt ran back over to where the Bonnie cheerleaders were and said what she claimed he said.  If he said it, and I don't know that it is true, it was after she instigated.

How do you know the alleged comment wasn't made sometime earlier in the game?  You don't.  You are assuming it was in the time frame of the two videos. 

IF in fact Nesbitt said something of that nature, I trust Coach Ford will address it with the young man. 

I was there. JNez was waving bye bye to their team, fans, cheerleaders. She took offense. Reacted like an immature college girl to the gestures of an immature college boy. No story here. See y’all tomorrow 

Fraz, A10Ref, dlarry and 1 other like this