GDT: A10 Quarterfinals vs St. Bonaventure

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

We did because we played defense. When you do that you give yourself a chance. Even the best offenses can come and go, when we have struggled it has been because of the defense. I like they way we have brought in these first two games.

Majerus: Defend and Rebound. Soooo true. 

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I know the Bonnie cheerleader is a good Catholic girl, but that reaction was a little extreme in response to being asked if she wanted some meat on a Friday during Lent.

honestly, I love it. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I know the Bonnie cheerleader is a good Catholic girl, but that reaction was a little extreme in response to being asked if she wanted some meat on a Friday during Lent.

ahh3 copy.gif

3 minutes ago, courtside said:

Both Nesbitt and Collins didn’t block out Lofton. Either one could have done it. Fortunate. 

nesbitt was walking back after the first miss and Gibby told him to get back and rebound, or maybe nesbitt thought he said get back and just stand there

31 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I predicted 22 D1 wins for this team after Perkins went down that is a big accomplishment for our team, well done.

Hoping you underestimated.

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

nesbitt was walking back after the first miss and Gibby told him to get back and rebound, or maybe nesbitt thought he said get back and just stand there

If you watch the 2nd Free throw again, SLU had two players in position to block out the shooter (Lofton). Both stood there and watched the shot instead of blocking out. Fortunately the rebound attempt missed. 

Collins yelled at Nesbitt after Nesbitt walked away, to get back for the 2nd FT. Both Nesbitt and Collins stood there after the attempt was missed. Neither blocked out and neither tried to rebound. 

Again, it worked out. Gotta have a little luck sometimes too, when having success.

https://twitter.com/actioncolleges/status/1502400268213837831?s=21

14 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I hope you know you can take nitroglycerin in a preventative manner during moments of high stress.  This is much better than having an MI.

I really appreciate that OG, I'm only 25 and really need to take better care of my stress 😅

Not to bring down the mood by any means, but I am seeing some concerning stuff on Twitter about Nesbitt saying something pretty derogatory to the SBU cheerleaders to trigger that response. I'm really hoping its nothing but I'm concerned about what the potential outcome of it might be.

5 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Rumors swirling - Schmidt to Umass. Double salary, better facilities, and not in the middle of nowhere. We may have just ended St. Bonaventure basketball. 

Amherst may be in Massachusetts but it is far from any major cities. There will be a bit of the  Olean feeling there, it  is pretty rural.