A-10 Tournament - Other Games GDT

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people talk as if we would be playing VCU or Dayton early in the bracket.  I thought that we would be on the Bonaventure/Davidson side of the bracket.  So, I looked it up.  If this bracket is correct, we would not see VCU or Dayton until the finals.

22 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I keep seeing people talk as if we would be playing VCU or Dayton early in the bracket.  I thought that we would be on the Bonaventure/Davidson side of the bracket.  So, I looked it up.  If this bracket is correct, we would not see VCU or Dayton until the finals.

For me, all of the Top 4 are tough teams.  We don't have a distinct advantage over any of them, and none of them have a distinct advantage over us.  Sure, there are personal preferences, but bottom line, all of those 4 present a tough game.  We have to play 3 of them to win it all.  Just bring 'um on.

TheChosenOne likes this

34 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

If Dayton makes the final, it's basically the 2019 Revenge Bracket in reverse.

Sagarin via his overall, season wide Ratings, has SLU losing to VCU by a scant .38 point in the A10 Tourney Championship Game, so pick 'em.  This includes SLU beating St. Bona by 1.37, rounded to 1 point, and SLU beating Davidson by .26 point.

Sagarin's Recent Ratings has SLU losing by .69, rounded to 1, to St. Bona.  Sagarin's Recent Ratings has Dayton winning the A10 Tourney by 1.85 rounded to 2 points over Davidson.

Haslametrics has SLU beating St. Bona by 1.5 points, rounded to 2, and losing to Davidson by 2.  Haslametrics has Dayton winning the title by .58 point, rounded to 1 over Davidson.

One metric has VCU winning, two have Dayton winning.  Interestingly, none of the three have #1 Seed Davidson winning, and the BAB Eye Test concurs.  

In none of these metrics are the St. Bona 5 ironmen winning the A10 Tournament, and none of them have the Bonnies making the A10 Championship Game.  Two of the three have the Bonnies losing to our Billikens.

11 minutes ago, Compton said:

If there's one time that only playing 6 players a night comes at a cost, it's tournament time.

maybe, but wasn't an issue last year. Depends more on the refs, do they let them play or call it tight.

Compton likes this

2 hours ago, brownindians said:

#1. SLU is a good team that is peaking at the right time.

#2. we do not want to play the Billikens. (ever again) Good bye.

ACE " I'm not sure how any Bonawelding fan can be happy with the regular season that they've had ".

Ace why do still TROLL the welding thing? Very childish on your part. And as for the season the Covid thing took its toll on the Team, the University and the Greater Olean Community. Then. before the resent VCU game, the Flu went through the team and VCU won.

Stand for Ukrainian Freedom 

Says the guy who posts on another team's message board as "brownindians" 

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Clifton Moore, La Salle's only big man of note, suffered an injury in the season closing win over Duquesne.  His status for today's game is unknown.

He was their best player in 2 games against us this year. I was about 60-40 in my preference to play La Salle over St. Joe's but if he's banged up it's probably more like 70-30 and if he can't go it's 85-15.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to A-10 Tournament - Other Games GDT
2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I Will not be the least surprised if RI wins 2. 

Me neither, although the Richmond-Rhody game this year was a super weird one. URI was up 39-26 at half and Richmond proceeded to outscore them 44-24 in the second half to win by 7. Based on what we saw from URI recently, I'm not totally surprised. Richmond seems like a decent matchup for them, but because URI plays with no focus, discipline, cohesiveness, or discernible game plan, teams can adjust and beat them. Plus, if this is the last year of Richmond's very old, experienced roster that we've all come to know so well, they have a lot more to play for. This is a really interesting bracket to me this year.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Me neither, although the Richmond-Rhody game this year was a super weird one. URI was up 39-26 at half and Richmond proceeded to outscore them 44-24 in the second half to win by 7. Based on what we saw from URI recently, I'm not totally surprised. Richmond seems like a decent matchup for them, but because URI plays with no focus, discipline, cohesiveness, or discernible game plan, teams can adjust and beat them. Plus, if this is the last year of Richmond's very old, experienced roster that we've all come to know so well, they have a lot more to play for. This is a really interesting bracket to me this year.

Its very weird.  you have what feels like the 3 best teams, Davidson, VCU and UD.  And then you have SLU who may have the highest ceiling on any given night. And then Richmond and the Bonnies who were underwhelming this year but hold the most experience.  

19 hours ago, ACE said:

Says the guy who posts on another team's message board as "brownindians" 

25 minutes ago, ARon said:

This is the only place he’s allowed to use that handle anymore.

I updated the name.

35 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I updated the name.

You misspelled “stain” as “wolves”.

on an actual basketball note, I’ve talked myself into Mason or Fordham stunning Davidson. They have a game to get in a rhythm, Davidson doesn’t shoot well in an NBA style arena, both Mason and Fordham have played Davidson tough at different times this season. 

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You misspelled “stain” as “wolves”.

on an actual basketball note, I’ve talked myself into Mason or Fordham stunning Davidson. They have a game to get in a rhythm, Davidson doesn’t shoot well in an NBA style arena, both Mason and Fordham have played Davidson tough at different times this season. 

I'm expecting an upset or two - just not sure which ones. 🤔

-according to the guide on DirecTV this morning the A10 championship game is again on CBS, so as to not cause confusion why does the A10 list it as being on  "CBS Sports"? yes, the games on Saturday are listed as being broadcast by "CBS Sports Network"  just wondering