A-10 Tournament - Other Games GDT

So… who’s making what predictions? 

im an eternal optimist and looking forward to this weeks tournament.

How do you think we’ll do? 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BilliKat said:

So… who’s making what predictions? 

im an eternal optimist and looking forward to this weeks tournament.

How do you think we’ll do? 

Make it to the semis and end up with home court advantage and a sweet seeding for most of the NIT.

I don't like how we match-up with SBU. I wish we didn't have to play them until Saturday given their lack of depth. That said we certainly have the "talent" to win this thing. There isn't a team in this field close to as talented as Auburn and God knows we could (should) have beaten them. 

I will be in attendance with my dad and brother. The last two tourneys we went to as a group both resulted in Billiken championships (2019 and 2013). So I have a good feeling.

We’ll ignore the fact that the three tourneys we went to before that all ended in first round exits.

3 minutes ago, NH said:

I will be in attendance with my dad and brother. The last two tourneys we went to as a group both resulted in Billiken championships (2019 and 2013). So I have a good feeling.

We’ll ignore the fact that the three tourneys we went to before that all ended in first round exits.

Positive thinking in action 👍☝️ I like how you think. I'll be there, too!

BilliKat likes this

As of yesterday, Haslametrics had SLU by 8 over St. Joe's, 12 over LaSalle;  by 1.49 points (1.5) over St. Bona;  and a 2 point underdog Saturday vs. Davidson.

If SLU wins Saturday, Haslametrics had SLU as a 3 point underdog Sunday vs. Dayton or a .42 underdog (pick 'em, slight edge, less than a point) to VCU.

If the good Billikens show up, and that's a 2 f iff, as in if and only if, then we can win this whole thing.  The slight odds are that we lose Saturday, but this A10 East Coast Bus League with its newer Southern Comfort Branch is not that good, there is no dominant team, including soft Davidson, and we can win it.  

I think the most true basketball talent, 1-13, resides on the SLU and Dayton rosters, with Dayton being very young.  But SLU needs to come out with the energy, be the aggressor, and that has not been the case @Davidson, @Dayton, and from the point Schmidt called time out and switched to the 1-1-3 matchup zone, with SLU up 19-10 at 11:33, lead bulged to 25-14 @10:17, in the Bona home game, which carried over through the first half of the Bona road game.

It's time to fire up the fanbase.  It's playoff time, March Madness.

Even almost 2,000 miles away from St. Louis, and 3,000 miles away from the East Coast, I've been stopped the last 2 weeks, once at Black Bear Diner a week ago Sunday, and this morning at Peet's Coffee, both here in the East Bay, by St. Bonaventure alumni.  They know their Bonnies have beaten SLU twice this season.   They are good people.  But, ... and you knew there was a but coming ...

and with the obligatory disclaimer that we need to get by Thursday's 5-12/13 Round vs. either LaSalle or St. Joe's, we can't count the chickens before they're hatched, etc., it is high time, past time, that Saint Louis University BEAT THE BONNIES!

Come to D.C., if you can.  Ms. BAB and yours truly will be making the 3,000 mile cross-country flight.  We are both SLU alumni, and we want to see our school win, win it all.  I suspect we Billiken fans are going to be outnumbered maybe 25:1 by the Bonnies.  It was like that in the '19 A10 Tourney Championship Game, at least 10:1, when it seemed like all of Olean, Allegany and St Bonaventure University itself were there.

Some facts:  Enrollment:  SLU 12,649, St. Bonaventure 2,419;  Endowment:  SLU $1.52 Billion, St. Bonaventure $71.8 Million;  All-Time Head to Head Series, SLU 13, St. Bonaventure 16, including 3 straight losses. (Do you folks accept that head to head?  I don't, never will.) Ok, in advance, throw all the none of those first two matter stuff back at me.  Except all of those do matter.  Saint Louis University, the Billikens, and the institution, cannot lose 3 times in 1 season to St. Bonaventure.  Coach Ford needs to come up with a good game plan, and adjust when the Bona coach makes his adjustments.

Now when some Bonnie cuts and pastes or quotes me on their board, so be it.  I am a SLU Alumnus (x2), but just a fan.  I respect your school and all you have accomplished.  But I want to win too, just as much as you do.

BuiltFordBills likes this

I’m going. I booked my plane tickets when we were on that winning streak and looking like a solid shot for a top 4 spot, meaning that my flight is Thursday afternoon. I’d like to see us make a run to at least Saturday, but frankly I’m just hoping that we don’t get eliminated before I board the plane at Lambert on Thursday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Bona elements and fans of some other A10 teams talk smack on social media about the SLU team and Coach Travis Ford. Ford is quite a lightning rod in opposition fanbases. Perhaps that’s a good thing. 

I'm not sure how any Bonawelding fan can be happy with the regular season that they've had. They started early in the season with a Top 25 ranking, but by late December, were out and never had a realistic sniff of making the Dance. Even SLU had some bubble chatter as late as early Feb.

At this point, the team projected to win the league with all of that experience should have been a lock for an at-large bid. Instead, a 4th place finish and a NET sitting at 84, which is 22 spots behind SLU - who many on this board view as having a very disappointing season, even though SLU lost one of the leading POY candidates right before the season. Schmidt didn't face that type of adversity - not even close.

Compare Schmidt's experienced team this year to the Majerus teams - all three of RM's Tourney  teams had already locked up an at-large bid at this stage of the season. Meanwhile, right now Schmidt is scrambling along with SLU and a handful of other teams who have a shot at winning the Conference Tourney. Sure, Schmidt can salvage things with a good weekend, but this was not a great job during the regular season.

4 hours ago, NH said:

so this will even out 3W 3L :)

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I'm not sure how any Bonawelding fan can be happy with the regular season that they've had. They started early in the season with a Top 25 ranking, but by late December, were out and never had a realistic sniff of making the Dance. Even SLU had some bubble chatter as late as early Feb.

At this point, the team projected to win the league with all of that experience should have been a lock for an at-large bid. Instead, a 4th place finish and a NET sitting at 84, which is 22 spots behind SLU - who many on this board view as having a very disappointing season, even though SLU lost one of the leading POY candidates right before the season. Schmidt didn't face that type of adversity - not even close.

Compare Schmidt's experienced team this year to the Majerus teams - all three of RM's Tourney  teams had already locked up an at-large bid at this stage of the season. Meanwhile, right now Schmidt is scrambling along with SLU and a handful of other teams who have a shot at winning the Conference Tourney. Sure, Schmidt can salvage things with a good weekend, but this was not a great job during the regular season.

With NET of 84 Bona is OUT of even the NIT after the NIT automatic bids are serviced.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

-yep

Not very hopeful of a Bills win of the A-10 Tourney so it would be nice to see the team surprise me. We'll be watching from our home in FL. The same thing we are doing for the SEC Tourney that will be contested in Tampa.

#1. SLU is a good team that is peaking at the right time.

#2. we do not want to play the Billikens. (ever again) Good bye.

ACE " I'm not sure how any Bonawelding fan can be happy with the regular season that they've had ".

Ace why do still TROLL the welding thing? Very childish on your part. And as for the season the Covid thing took its toll on the Team, the University and the Greater Olean Community. Then. before the resent VCU game, the Flu went through the team and VCU won.

Stand for Ukrainian Freedom