Coaching Carousel

BLIKNS

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I liked Howard but not surprised, you can't keep losing your best player(s) to transfer and being non-relevant in the conference year after year.

Langel would be an interesting hire, he has done a very good job at Colgate, his teams have been like Davidson, shooters all over the place, bigs that can shoot and handle. 

There are tons of examples of teams catching lightning in a bottle.  Nine years ago makes current freshmen 8 or 9 at the time.  Sustainability is the key and La Salle has none of that.  And I believe that team was a bunch of highly rated transfers coming back to Philly as I recall.  And then there is the Gola Mausoleum.  But we shall see ....

On 3/19/2022 at 5:54 AM, billiken_roy said:

you guys know i am not on the mi$$ouri fan club board, but i think gates is a fantastic hire for the tiger$.   the guy graduated in 3 years from cal.   got his masters  so we know he is serious academically.   he served a stint with the nba, was an assistant with ben braun at cal.   did some time with leonard hamilton at florida state.    cleveland state thinks he is the best coach they have ever had.   

i applaud mi$$ouri for not recycling some guy that has been a head coach and fired elsewhere and now expecting a huge payday.  my only question with this hire is what's his roots here in the midwest.   he'll need to find a "local" for midwest recruiting imo.   but if he finds a decent recruiter, this could be a wonderful hire for the tiger$.  

it will be interesting to see how long before he is corrupted by the surrounding "influences" of spumac.

Gates has Chicago roots.