Coaching Carousel

BLIKNS

20 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

plus anthony has had his turn at the pressures of a power 5 conference already.    maybe he has decided, he is being treated well at Dayton and doesnt want to go through all that again no matter how much more money he would make.

Anthony Grant isn't going to Florida. Florida isn't going to hire a guy with very limited success at 2 out of 3 stops. His only successful stop was VCU where he rode Jeff Capel's coattails to a few tournament appearances. 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, courtside said:

The last 4 coaches at Xavier, are currently not coaching. Thad Matta, Sean Miller, Chris Mack, and, now, Travis Steele. 

Xavier won last night after a struggle.  You'd think they would wait till the NIT was over.

2 hours ago, courtside said:

The last 4 coaches at Xavier, are currently not coaching. Thad Matta, Sean Miller, Chris Mack, and, now, Travis Steele. 

I lurk on the muskies board as my brother goes there and I follow them as well. Many on the board are hoping for Miller round 2 as he is available. Otherwise why not wait until NIT is over? If they are looking to poach someone from a NCAA tourney team why not wait until its over? 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, billikenfan05 said:

I cannot fathom Travis wants to coach at a school where Football is the king. He saw that movie at OSU. Most of his has been at Basketball first schools Truly the only program I could see him bouncing for is Kentucky. I don't think he cares much about an incremental move like a Big East or AAC School. Perhaps an east coast basketball heavy ACC school but I'd can't see it.

Is football king at OSU? I know T. Boone invested heavily there in the football program. One of my prep football teammates won 3 letters there but they were bottom feeders in the Big 12 at the time (25 years ago) and basketball and wrestling were king.

Just now, Matty Light said:

Is football king at OSU? I know T. Boone invested heavily there in the football program. One of my prep football teammates won 3 letters there but they were bottom feeders in the Big 12 at the time (25 years ago) and basketball and wrestling were king.

Monetarily speaking? One could also make the case that even if football isn't "king" that it severely cuts into money that could be earmarked for basketball. 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, billikenfan05 said:

I cannot fathom Travis wants to coach at a school where Football is the king. He saw that movie at OSU. Most of his has been at Basketball first schools Truly the only program I could see him bouncing for is Kentucky. I don't think he cares much about an incremental move like a Big East or AAC School. Perhaps an east coast basketball heavy ACC school but I'd can't see it.

Isn't Calipari coach for life at uk?

12 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

35-23 record the the past 2 years

But really set for life no, in fact a lot of UK fans were taking to twitter about how displeased they were getting with him earlier in the year. 

Also Im sure 05 is saying if he would ever leave it would be because something opened up and he was offered. 

8 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Let me help you here. Yes. 

On 3/16/2022 at 4:15 PM, BigMouthBilliken said:

While basketball may be king in Lexington, Mark Stoops has the UK football program heading in the right direction. They aren’t Bama, but they will compete in the SEC East. 

8 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Another SEC opening , Ben Howland out at Mississippi State

I have absolutely no idea who wants that job. Maybe Starkville calls Baton Rouge and says to Will Wade “just don’t do what you did there here.” Howland’s Tree doesn’t have great branches. Maybe this is the Tim Floyd phone call? He’s from Mississippi. 

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

With the portal, if Rhody gets good fast, A10 will be a beast next year. 

It will be interesting to see who he can grab, and who he can retain.  Mitchell twins?  Leggett?  Martin? 

His packed line defense worked at Dayton, but it failed at Indiana.  He obviously got pretty good players interested in playing his style for the Flyers.